Chapter 1

I walk up to the desk of a pretty brunette woman and smile, shifting the strap of my backpack before speaking. "Jane Trevors" I say politely.

"What grade?" She asks with a sweet voice.

"I'm a Junior." I reply, ready to leave the small office and get on with my day.

"Okay..." She taps at her computer a few times before smiling, "You're in Ms. Krakow's homeroom class. Here is your schedule and locker number. If you have any questions you can ask me or any of the students, they love new kids." She says with a smile

"Thanks..." I say with a half-smile back, unsure of how to respond to her comment.

I walk out to the hallway, where students are starting to come in and find my locker. I start to put my stuff in as I take a glance at my schedule. Biology, History, Math, Lunch, English, free period and gym.

'Well I guess its not that bad,' I think to myself. 'At least I have free period and gym.'

I gather together the books I need before slamming my locker shut, the noise not startling any of the near by student. As I turn, a flash of red hair fills my vision before a happy firetruck is standing in front of me.

"Hi!" She says with a little too much pep, sticking out her perfectly manicured hand. "I'm Lisa Kraft."

"Uh...hi" I say, unsure how to react. I decide to give her a quick handshake as I introduce myself. "I'm Jane Trevors." I remain still as she beings to speak faster than than the speed of light.

"Sorry if I came off too strong. I'm a part of the welcoming committee and well, I wanted to welcome you!" She says quickly, waving her hands around in the air with a flourish.

"Hey don't worry about it." I say slowly, backing away from her and towards my next class. "I uh, I gotta go. Bye." I aimlessly walk down the hall, not knowing where I am going.

"Oh wait! Wait up!" She says, coming after me. "What's your homeroom class?" She bats her eyelashes innocently and I notice that her hair makes her eyes look crazy green.

"Mrs. Krakow's, I think. At least that's what the receptionist said." I say, looking from classroom to classroom, hoping to find a sign or something with my homeroom name.

"Oh. My. God. My friend is in that class! Just wait here and I'll her for you!" She says with a smile, bounding off like a rabbit on caffeine.

"Okay" I say with a bored voice, leaning against some random person locker as I wait.

I pull out my phone and check Facebook to find 15 new messages from my best friend Spencer.

"Well hello there pretty lady." A deep husky voice says next to me.

I look up to see a hot looking badass guy, leaning against the locker next to me with his arm above my head. His jet black hair is styled to perfection and he looks at me with this deep blue eyes that were swoon worthy. He's wearing a black leather jacket, instead of a school blazer like everyone else and his white collared shirt is so thin that I can see his abs underneath. But despite his looks, what just came out of his mouth make me want to slap him across the face.

And that's what I did.

"Don't you ever, call me that again." I growl with malice. If there was one thing I hated, it was cocky jerks.

He looks at me in shocked for a moment before his automatic smirk returned to his flawless, if not a little red, face.

"Feisty. But I know you like it." He says, smirking before continuing. "Jane."