America x Fem!Japan: Socially Awkward Penguin

I know this is really short. And really late. And really stupid. I'm sorry ;A;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yo, dudette! C'mere for a sec!"

Japan flicked a page of her manga, absently tucking a strand of her shoulder-length brown hair behind her ear.

"Hey, I gotta show you something!"

Hmm, this part was really getting interesting...

"Um, Japan, I'm totally talking to you!!"

"N-nani?" she said, her head snapping up. She glanced up from her manga to see a certain loud American beckoning her over to his computer. Sighing quietly, she put the volume aside and rose to her feet, stepping over to where he hunched over his desk.

"Gomen... I did not know you were tarking to me," she murmured.

America snorted. "Dude, there's not even anyone else in the room." He turned back to his computer. "Anyway, I was looking at these memes and they reminded me of you!" he continued, his glasses glinting. Japan furrowed her brows in puzzlement at said "meme"; a picture of a penguin with flippers outstretched, and different captions above and beneath. There was a long list of them on America's screen. Some of the ones that caught her eye included:

"Someone bumps into you- YOU APOLOGIZE"

"Loves karaoke- WON'T SING IN PUBLIC"

"Goes to a club- STANDS IN THE CORNER"

"Group project- SAY NOTHING"

"Tell a joke- EVERYONE TAKES IT SERIOUSLY"

"'You apologize too much!'- SORRY"

"A boy says, 'you're really quiet'- NO RESPONSE"

"Wear favorite Pokemon shirt to school- GET AVOIDED LIKE THE PLAGUE"

"Goes to party- PLAYS WITH CATS THE WHOLE TIME"

"Someone tries to talk to you- IGNORE THEM, ASSUMING THEY WERE TALKING TO SOMEONE ELSE"

Japan felt her cheeks color slightly, and she bit her lip. "I-I don't understand..." she murmured.

America snickered. "Dude, these are memes about people's social awkwardness! Socially awkward penguin for the win~!! Aren't they hilarious?!"

"Sociar awkwardness...? Penguin...?"

He ignored her. "So did you totally relate to all these or what? I made them just for you~"

Japan looked down at her hands- awkwardly, of course. "Amerika-san, I don't think making fun of peopre rike that is very nice..."

America's blue eyes widened, realizing that she didn't actually find them funny.

Japan's own dull brown eyes quavered slightly with tears as she tried to avoid making eye contact. "I... don't want to hear you carr me a... sociarry awkward penguin..." she whimpered.

America's heart sunk.

Then he promptly glomped the tiny Asian girl in a huge hug.

"But I love penguins! They're so totally adorableee~!" he cried, snuggling into the shoulder of her cotton kimono.

"P-p-p-p-p-prease don't touch me! I must ask that you respect my personar space!" she stuttered.

America winked. "Aw, you know you love it~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can proudly say that I can relate to every single meme mentioned. And many more.

Probably the saddest SAP I've seen/experienced was:

"Takes group photo with friends- THEY UPLOAD IT TO FACEBOOK AND CROP YOU OUT"

Gosh, way to make me feel loved. -__-