DORK - Rewrite

This came to me when I was self-diagnosing myself on the Internet. Please note, that it is not healthy and furthermore harmful. I seriously thought I had OCD for a moment; though it’s highly unlikely. Anyways, read the fruit of my fear... lol,

Chapter One

It was all a game. It was their favourite game. It was fun, and it passed time. While they were dwindling their time away doing God knows what, she was stuck cleaning up all their messes. When they drudged in hung-over and tired, she nursed their headaches and took care of them.

She was only ten when IT happened. Her mother and brother came in again, drunk, as usual. She ignored them, preferring to read her Biology books she got from the nice librarian lady. They made jabs at her, called her names, and poked her in the side with their dirty fingers. They grew agitated that she wasn’t reacting, why wasn’t she crying? Why wasn’t she doing anything?

Becoming a bit sober, they decided they needed a new way to torture her, a new way to have fun. Decidedly, her elder brother, Greg, picked her up and tossed her over his shoulder. She knew better than to scream or even make a noise. Her head bounced every time Greg’s drinks kicked in and he stumbled. She muffled“Oomph” when he abruptly stopped at the basement door.

He kicked open the door and Anne, imagined the splinters flying in the air. Her mother giggled behind them , slurring encouragement at her brother.

Greg stumbled a little ways down the long stairs and soon became bored. He threw her the rickety staircase and she fell with her teddy bear limply next to her. This erupted a large booming laugh from his diaphragm. Anne made a loud shriek as she landed on the hard cement floor. Greg suddenly found energy to go down also, with her mother who was still laughing hysterically.

They kicked at her and picked her up and threw her around the dark room which inhabited years old dust bunnies in every corner. She kept her mouth shut as they took out their hidden anger on her. They took everything she said and took it offensively. She was cautious with her silence. But she made a few attempts to show them that they’d hurt her, if not, the abuse would continue the whole night long.

Growing bored, they left her alone to wallow in the dark abyss.

Days passed and they hadn’t returned, surprisingly, she was content. They were leaving her alone...Finally.

Suddenly, an unfamiliar fear ran up her spine. It planted a seed and grew; feeding off the anxiety she gave off. The walls began to close in on her and she began to breathe erratically.  Her body gave off signals to her brain, telling it to panic. She clutched to her teddy bear and rocked it like a newborn baby.

The dust mites began to crawl over her body, playing gleefully on the dead components on her skin.

That’s what she was... Dead to the world.

Her body vibrated with a gnawing hunger that erupted from within. She felt like her insides were being eaten and devoured by an animal born from the deficiency that she lacked.

 Four weeks passed since she was thrown down and a loud rapping was heard at the basement door. Crawling into an inconspicuous corner, she shuddered with hungry and shook with fear. They’d left her alone for the longest time in her entire life and they were coming to get her.

Her teeth chattered and she rocked back and forth, unsure of what lie ahead. Her eyes dilated and adjusted to the dark she was consumed by. Though being able to see dimly, it still terrified her that she could not see anything in front of her.

The loud rapping returned and a large ultrasonic sound was heard. A cavity of light entered and she shrank further into her corner; blissfully ignoring the spider web that flew across her back.