Newcomers (Goblin)

April Third, Sacramento, C.A.

Scarlett and I were stuck in the house. Not really stuck, just not going outdoors. It had been two days since the outbreak began. After the events of April first, I've been drinking more than usual. She's tried to hide the bottles that had a little something in them, but she doesn't know that I know every hiding spot there is in this house.

The first day was awkward to say the least. We put the corpse into a junked car, pulled the brake and let it roll. I didn't make Scarlett help me with the second task. I dug a hole a in the back yard and buried my mother. It was sad but I was used to sadness. I was also used to the happiness that comes with the bottle.

Day three, we had thought about going out to scavenge but then no one would protecting "The Fort" so we'd be ransacked. And that's why we were here when the silver van came barelling down the street.

 It was noisy. And it looked out of control. They passed the house and with it was a hoard of the creatures. As we both watched in silence from the window, we saw a girl with shoulder length hair and some kind of black corset thing prop herself out of the drivers window with a big gun. Her hair flew in her face as she took aim.

There had to be atleast one other person in the car with her. No person in their right mind would stick their entire top half out of the driver's window of a moving car. And then aim a gun at things that could possibly and more than likely kill you.

She pulled the trigger, something I didn't see but saw the reaction to. A zombie fell back and twitched on the ground a little before laying still. Headshot, nice.

She flew back a little and steadied herself before shooting again. This time she shot one in the leg so it crawled after them.

"We need to help them!" Scarlett interrupted the show

"We don't even know if we can trust them, we can't waste bullets like that."

"We have more than enough! She obviously has some and also skills with a gun. We could use her."

 She hadn't figured out that someone else had to be in the van with her.

"I have more than enough bullets, you have whatever is left in that hand gun."

She didn't look too pleased. At all, really.

 Scarlett crossed her arms and went back to looking out the window. I went to another window to watch.

 They hit a pothole and the girl fell. Not out the window. She was still hanging on for dear life. Her gun was dragging against the ground, leaving sparks. Her hair was also dragging, and if she was any taller her head would've dragged too. She was holding herself to the car just by her legs, form the knee down.

"I can't watch this any longer." and then I heard the door open and close.

"Oh god." I rolled my eyes, grabbing my gun from the stairs by the side door. Scarlet was at the gate, shooting at the hoard, attracting them to The Fort. She was going to get us killed.

 I put my gun on the top of the gate and took aim at the heads of the zombies headed our way.

Click, splat. Click, splat. Click, splat.

I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her away from the house. I didn't need another body to bury in the back yard nor did I need my "safe haven" over run by zombies. We stopped behind a rusted out pickup truck. It was rusted out before this outbreak even began. It just fit in now even more than it did before.

We shot more of them before getting even closer. The van hit a telephone pole and the hanging girls fell off. She quickly got up and climbed on top of the car. Her combat boots were muddy. They left prints on the sides before they plated themselves on the roof. She was quickly joined by a shorter girl. She was dwarfed in comparison to the other girl. She had to be 5'1 or something. 5'4 at the most.