Remember Me.....

Chapter one:

It was a cold February evening and I was sitting at home with Mackenzie making us hot chocolate while our mom was out on a date. It was their two year anniversary and they went out for dinner. She is always with him now.. don’t get me wrong Greg is an awesome guy but sometimes I feel she is choosing him over her two daughters. “Maddie!!! Is the hot chocolate almost ready!? The movies ready!”

Holy crap I lost my train of thought! I look at the stove and see the milk is steaming. Yes! Right on time! “Yeah Kenz be there in a few!”

“Alrighty!” Mackenzie giggled. I love her. She is the best sister anyone could ever ask for, she is always there for me and is the only one who understands me because she goes through the same things as me. I knew Mackenzie loved marshmallows and surprises so I gave her extra marshmallows and some cookies. I gave myself a few ice cubes because I like frozen hot chocolate. Then finally I put whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top. I knew Miss Abby would be calling us soon to check up on us so I grabbed the phone and set it on the tray with our snacks. As I walked in Mackenzie started squealing and blabbering on how she was so happy I was her sister and she loved me and she wanted the hot chocolate and blah, blah, blah. Don’t get me wrong I love her but boy can she talk! We settled in and watched the Little Mermaid because that’s Mackenzie’s all time favorite movie. Then suddenly the phone rang. I checked the time 9:02 pm. Well that’s a little late for Miss Abbys call but what ever.

“Hello?”

“Hello is this Maddie Zeigler?”

“Yes, may I ask who is calling?”

“This is the Hospital of Pitsburg..” My stomach lurched into my throat. Why on earth would they be calling? Is my mom okay—“Are you still there Maddie?”

“Oh sorry could you repeat that?”

“Yes, your mother has been rested in the hospital, she has been in a car accident and—“ I dropped the phone. I could hear her saying Maddie? Maddie? Are you there? Is she lying to me? I cant live without my mom! What am I going to do? What am I going to tell Mackenzie!!

“MADDIE ARE YOU OKAY???” They worried voice of Mackenzie woke me. Had I passed out?

“Mackenzie what happened?”

“Someone called you were talking then you dropped the phone and fainted!! What on earth happened missy!?”

“One second Mackenzie let me call Miss Abby!!”

“Hello? Abigal Miller speaking”

“MISS ABBY I NEED YOU TO COME AND HELP ME RIGHT NOW!”

“Maddie!!? Is this you?”

“Yes my mom has been in a car accident and is in the hospital!!”

“What!? How do you know!”

“The hospital called but I just called you and I don’t know how to tell Mackenzie and I just want her to be okay!” I tried to catch my breath but I choked and started sobbing.

“Maddie! You need to calm down I am going to call the moms and we will all be coming over!”

I could barley answer “Okay” I nearly choked, and with that she hung up.

Chapter two:

The only person I thought of to talk to was my role model—Brooke. I heard a knock at the door and Mackenzie knew I couldn’t move so she hollered “I got it Mads” Brooke, Paige, Josh, and Kelly walked in. Kelly was holding Mackenzie and told me she was going to explain to her what had happened. I nodded gratefully thinking I didn’t have to see those tears. The Hyland siblings sat in front of me sorrow in their eyes. I sat up and they all watched me anxiously. But right then someone knocked at the door. Jesus! Right when I got the nerve to talk? Holly, Nia, Christi, Chloe and Clara walked in. They all ran to me and all stopped once they saw my reaction the only one that actually embraced me was Christi. She was like a mother to me. Finally after our hug, I sat up and grabbed Brooke by the hand and took her into my room.