A Warning to the World: A Collection of Death Note Oneshots

Reader x Mello because why not. I may end up redoing this one. I take oneshot requests if anyone is interested. However, I'm not all that extraordinary at writing, as you're about to find out.

--Sugar

*   *   *   *   *

You'd probably think that a guy like Mello wouldn't take any BS from his girlfriend.

You'd probably think he was the kind of guy who had chicks eating out of the palm of his hand, or that he could get girls to do whatever he wanted as soon as he said the word, and that his badassery was enough to single-handedly whoo a member of the opposite sex.

Sounds extremely accurate, right?

Wrong.

Some might argue that he's the exact opposite.

This is exactly why he was with you today in a perfectly boring department store, helping you pick out clothes.

Of course, you did beg him, and what were he to do when his girlfriend wouldn't let him get his work done because of her nuisance imploring? Not that you two were actually dating. He figured you totally dug him; you just didn't know it yet. 

"I hate people," he remarked under his breath, passing a wide-eyed woman pushing a stroller. 

You laughed. "What, Mello? Can't take a little staring? What do you expect when you're dressed like that?"

You gestured to his metrosexual leather outfit.

"...Shut up."

You laughed once more. "I have to go try some stuff on. When I come out, tell me what you think."

"Whatever. Let's just get this over with. Remember, I was busy before you dragged me into this hellhole."

"Yeah, yeah, stop your complaining."

You entered the dressing room with a bundle of colthes.

The blond boy sighed from the entrance of the changing rooms as you entered one of the booths. He wasn't sure why he liked you so much, or why he got this weird feeling in his chest every time you'd smile at him. He wasn't sure what it was about you that he craved, or why it is that he always thought about you and felt the need to protect you.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a toddler staring at him from a few feet back.

He turned his head in her direction, sneering.

"What are you looking at?"