Chapter 1: Forming A Barrier

Focus, Focus, Focus...chi ching. The lock opened.

''Quickly, quickly guys get him in''

I locked the door and dragged the bed along the floor, with a swipe of my hand. It blocked the door, temporarily looked around the room, blinded by the sun that seared through the mahogany framed windows. I opened the strong rosewood door of the wardrobe while Alexander and Austin dragged an unconscious Ethan off the bed. We all entered into another world. Full of clothes.

''You can run but you can't hide''

I concentrated hard trying to drain out the mocking, threatening noises in the background.

They would do anything to get me. To bring me down to there kingdom. To strip me from my powers and take advantage of my position. Do you wanna know what happens then? Well not only will the Eternal kingdom be destroyed but the whole world itself. Yes i am the button that can be pressed to destroy the entire world. No pressure aye?

''Think of a wall, a strong wall’’ I whispered to myself, with all hope of forming a barrier. I am strong, in fact I am the strongest of my creation. I have been close to the death many times before. so much that I could say death is my cousin.

Forming a barrier is hard. Really hard. It consists of Concentration, Knowledge and Dedication but most importantly, Intention. There things you don’t adapt as you go on in life, but things your born with. Even for an Eternal as strong as I, without these four values you won’t be able to create one.

A shield, that’s what a barrier is. Something that protects you from the denominator world.

Denominator.

The word itself sends chills down my spine and makes the hairs at the back of my neck stand up. Their like sponges. They soak up your thoughts and memories, just like that. But what they do with them is the problem. They twist and turn them and make you believe what’s good for them, and bad for you.

Alexander and Austin look at me reassuringly as we hear footsteps stamping around the room. Each one labelling my death. Austin reaches for my hands. They were drenched in sweat, all sticky with fear. I held onto his hands hard until my knuckles turned white.

''Check in here''

The voice directed towards us. I closed my eyes tight and lost all hope as I felt light ripping into my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright so this is my first story on here so i hope you enjoy, I would appreciate some feedback as well.

Thanks 

~Safa