New gen.

"moooommmm!", a young voice called out, seeking her mother.

A small "what" was heard up stairs

"Can you come here?".
........

"No", she replied.

"IMMA EAT YOUR SNACKS!"

Loud foot steps were heard thumping down the stairs, which slid into the kitchen.

What stood before me was my mom, she had short black hair. She was light skinned, and had blue-ish colored eyes.

"Don't touch my pop tarts", She threatened.

"Gees mom, I won't touch your limited lime berry pop tarts. I just wanted you to come down".

My mom was seen scanning the cabinet, checking something.

"geez mom, I for real won't touch them!!"

She looked at me nodding, narrowing her eyes, "ight.... -what you want!" 

"I just wanted to know if I could hang out with my friend today", I smiled.

My mom blinked at me, "you Could have came up to me, or messaged me..."

"See, I got.... lazy. And my phone is over there on the couch. I just got up to get milk, and called for you, before sitting down..."

My mom started at me, "-oh Neptune you are a troublesome kid, I tell you...".

I smiled, and said "that's a yes then?"

My mom nodded, and "yeah, just message me when arrive at....where?"

"We're going to the book store", I said then Drank my milk.

My mom nodded, "alright, let me know when you leave to go, when you arrive, and when you leave from there".

"will do", I mumbled.

My mom smiled and ruffled my snow white hair.

"You are so much like your father, I swear..."

I closed my blue eyes, in annoyance, "jeez mom, cut it out"

"Alright,alright", she said laughing a bit.

I sighed.

"So, when is dad coming back?", I asked questionably.

My mom frowned.

In truth, my dad had been gone for three sum years and visits every so often... I miss him so much.

"You know how busy your father is being in the military and what not...", she smiled.

I looked down, my blue eyes looked with sadness.

"Hey, cheer up soon he'll be here for good, we just have to wait and be patient." 

Mom look so Proud. I smiled.  I then finished the last of my milk, and walked off.

"Well imma go now mom, I'll message you when I'm there!".

She sighed, then smiled, "alright, be safe!"

"Okaaaayyy!"

I walked to the couch grabbed my phone, then walked to the door.
I slid my shoes on, and reached for the door knob.

As I was about to open it, knocks were heard. I jumped a bit, and opened the door.

Tbc