Twirl Girl

"She is not happy about the life she is living, but not jumping through the hula hoop would mean to succumb to death."

~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~

Onlookers watched as she picked up the orange hula-hoop from the ground, wondering what a teenage girl was doing with a young child's toy. After all, the circles were only used by kids whose attention span lasted a total of five seconds, then the hoop would be ignored and left on the ground for future rain to smother it. So what was this girl with the long wavy orange hair doing with it? 

They stared with curiosity as she began slowly swirling it in circles and patterns around her body. The hoop moved around her so gracefully it was as if there was a special orbit around her. Her green eyes were closed in bliss as she danced in unison with it. She made it form a halo over her head, then brought it down and up again and again so fast it looked like a tornado. At times she would swing it upright in front of her body and make it appear like it was levitating in the air. All her worries evaporated as she lost herself in her flow.

The audience couldn't tear their eyes away from her, nor could the little kids that were previously playing with their friends. Who cared about tag when a girl was doing magical things with just a lousy hula-hoop? 

The rays of sunlight made the hoop brighter and more radiant, and before her flow was over with she had gained everyone's attention at the park they were in. Even the ice cream man and the police officer over on the side looked only at her. Her lithe body spun in endless circles and moved quickly and smoothly in ways no one thought possible. What once was a lousy hula-hoop was now an interesting object. 

Then with a final spin, she was done and her eyes opened. She took in the sight of a dozen strangers staring her down. She was thoroughly shocked, no one ever paid any attention to her at home when she was practicing. It was hard for her to figure out whether the attention was a good or bad thing. Nobody clapped or smiled. Obviously coming here was a mistake for her. Turning around, she silently picked up her things to leave. 

But the silence was far from a bad thing. What the audience had just witnessed was breathtaking in ways they didn't know how to comprehend. Never had they seen such a thing, who knew you could dance with a hula-hoop? Where did she learn those moves? When they were kids, the only thing they did was hoop around their waist. Who knew? 

While they tried figuring the spectacle out, not a soul noticed the teardrops rolling down the girl’s freckles. 

~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! 

Was originally going to make this just one chapter but decided to see where things go. I'm going to introduce her and her character next chapter so please stick around for more. Also, feel free to comment/vote to encourage me to update faster. 

Hooping is a beautiful thing. 

Loves,

~angel~