Chapter 1: Pills

Her eyes stung from blood that trickled down her face, eyelashes dabbed in the crimson liquid. Or was it the tears that her pride has kept from her for so long, with what she was looking for, for it to be so tangable and right infront of her, it disolved instantly below her touch, shrouding her in the pitch of darkness she might as well of been blind, reaching out to what shes been fighting for, the sound of a snap, a feeling of crumbling glass tore through her palm the sharp pain taking hold of her last glimce of mental stability, it was over.

Awoken by the pain she felt, her body cold in sweat she shook herself awake, eyes shot open as she took a sharp inhale of the stale air that clung to the walls and ceiling of her small bedroom, huddled to the corner of her bed she caccooned herself in the warmth of her blankets, leting the tears she held back in her nightmare flow from her emotion. She sat there, paralyzed in shock for the rest of the night, her eyes torn open never to blink it felt, she saw the dust dance as sunlight sunk through her blinds.

The sleepless nights had indulged a sickness that drove the young girl to the hospital, tired and limp she proped herself against the wall of a clinic waiting room, twiddling and playing with the blue end ribon that tied her hips length hazelnut hair into a messy braid. Her mother's voice carried through the room, a husky scornful voice as if the insides of her throat have been cut out, or maybe it was just the throat cancer that started to take her over. "An appointment for Amy E. Odwell, im her mother, Natasha." Amy's mother did her best as a single mom, they were never high on money and their house needed cleaning, as did eachother's messy hair, but by Amy's standerds she was happy and never asked for anything more for its all shes known to live comfortably.

Soon after Natasha had re-braided and combed out the frizzy mess of Amy's hair leaving a kiss on top of the young girls forhead, her name was called. "Stay here sweetie, I just need to talk to the doc. about a few small things before you go back for a check up." The mother smiled sweetly, her yellowed teeth, stained of the coffee and nicotine. Amy smiled back, her teeth not as bad a few fillings here and there left from a family member's dental attempt of helping. "My daughter has been lacking sleep, and im not sure if our ensurance will carry the bill...-who was she kidding, what ensurance- She has gotten to sick to even eat, and shes diabetic so... Can I somehow, make a compermise?" Natasha had fixed up her hair extra wavy that morning before, glossed on some light lipstick and wore a simple dress, she was never seen as anything less than beautiful, her modeling career would of taken off but a few things have gotten in the way. She looked the doctor over with her emerald eyes and hid the rejecting eyebrow peircing from under her bangs, Natasha wasnt any older than twenty-three. Soon after Natasha looked back at her young daughter who was picking at a small hole at the sole of her sandle and gave a meek smile, she would beable to pay off the medical bill, with somthing more valuable than money as she fallowed the doctor back into one of the patient's vacant rooms.

Amy never gave interest in where the money came from and how she was able to eat a decient breakfast each monday morning. She never questioned where the cash came from, she was just proud of her mommy to see her smile each morning while watching her daughter eat. Amy knew it was hard after Eddy- Her thoughts cut off after a rapidly growing headach took place in the back of her scull, she winced as she wraped her palms under her tangled hair. Once again her developed nightmares took hold, images of a dark double door, only the shine of it's glossed cold knobs glew in the misty dark, Amy refered to the dark mist as her mother's ashy smoke that evaporated from the neck of a cigarette, Marlboro Blacks 100s, the smoke was enticing and thick when it took up her mind, blind she felt. The sharp pain that ticked in the back of her scull became heavy and a voice jogged her thoughts, "Dolly... Dolly! Wake up!" She felt her arm being pulled at, glancing up the face broke through the smoke, jet black hair and dark brown eyes. "Dolly..?" Amy questioned, she ripped her arm away from the stranger and struggled to stand, but her hands and knees remanded locked. "I'm not-" Her voice cut short when the boy of black hair and dark eyes glared. "Get up!" He demanded. Amy shook her head and her mind snaped to an unfoged scene, her eyes glazed. "Get up." The voice triped into a sweeter voice, a young girl about her age helped her back to her feet. "W-whered he go? The boy, where is he?" The girl looked puzzled at the deranged Amy. "What.. boy?" The girl tiled her head, thinking 'man, she must be in the wrong hospital.'Amy then came to her sences, she was back in the hospital, her headach lessend. How long was I out, Amy questioned herself, her sight still to on edge to make out the numbers of the clock.

Natasha leaned back on an opposide wall from the doctor, childish and colorful painting collected over the area in the dim room of the child's hospital. Her eyes locked on the doctor that approached her, taking off his lab coat she avoided eye contact and took in a deep breath as he locked the door behind him, "I almost feel guilty doing somthing to this extent in a children's hospital room, a bit sick isnt it?" The man pronounced, fallowing his talk he removed a belt and tie. Natasha only nodded, she never spoke when dealing with this side of buisness, she never knew any of the men's tempors or how they want it, she just took place of some robot it felt, or thats how she justified her actions by completely taking herself out of the situation. The man continued speaking, trying to relax the situation Natasha asumed, "So buisness aside, your a verry pretty girl." The doctor looked Natasha over with lustful beaten eyes, the middleaged man with his departing hair and clean cut face looked almost shameful against the girl's young complexion and beautiful eyes of forest green, her brunet hair falling down to shoulder length. "Doctor Moretti, italian?" She questioned to herself, the last name sounding familiar. Moretti took the side of her face gently in his palm, his hands trembled, nervious or maybe just eger to start, eaither way he treated her softly with each stroke of her hair and touch of her skin. The two carried out their end of the deal, but it only lasted a few minutes, not even a full half hour took place. As Natasha fixed her appearance, brushed out her hair, Doctor Moretti called Amy Odwell to the room.

The lights were brighter and the windows open to clear out the stuffy room and the smell of a cigarette. "So what are your concerns Natasha?" The doctor returned to his profecinal apperance of tie and glasses, lab coat and badge. Not a strand of hair was misplaced or asqrew on Natasha as she replied as if just meeting the man. "My daughter has been sleepless for a few days now, through the weekend out til this Wednesday. She wont eat eaither.." The doctor did a few tests, took her blood pressure, checked her ears, examined her arms. Amy struggled when he attempted to lift her sleeves when examineing her forarms, she shook her head and even growled at the man. "No! No, don't do it! Dont!" She as hystarical until the man nearly ripped at the shirt of the girl, her pale arms were exposed, bruises, cuts, old scars lined the flesh of her limbs. Moretti questioned the mother, asking for any past abusment or depression. Natasha was just as surprized, she held onto Amy as she weaped into her mother's chest. "M-mommy, i didnt want to worry you.. my dreams, they hurt me." Moretti looked stunned, he grabed a paper and wrote down a cell phone number and adress, taking the mother outside for a descusion. "I dont think you're in the right hospital... Natasha, your child is in deeper illness than just sleep deprivation..." Natasha's hands balled up into fists as she nearly struck the man with anger, "My daughter, is not a loon. She does not need any specal treatment. Just tell me how to fix her sleep absences." 

Amy poked at a few of the cuts and scars, avoiding the baseball round bruises. She mumbled to herself and grabbed a bandaid as one of the sore's broke open from the struggle and glazed her arm with blood. A glimmer of some sort caught her eye, left from under the counter was a small key, bending down she examined how it didnt have any chip and scratch, it was verry pretty indeed. Picking it up delecatly she held it up towards the window, the glass key made colors of all sorts dance and decorate the walls, holding it at an angle a inscription of small words held to the reflection. "A key, opens things.." She mumbled and sqwented her eyes to make out the letters, as soon as the creeking of the door had opened Amy stuttered and shuffled her feet jumping back onto the patient bed. Her gaze quickly shot to the window to avoid being noticed out of her seat, her mother grabed Amy by the hand and helped her off of the bed. "Were going home hunny." Natasha said sweetly, Amy began to ask where Moretti was but was quickly interupted, "Common I got your medication, it'll help you sleep." And with the daughter walking ahead of her mother Natasha glared down at her feet, "Thanks alot assholes for your service, it's been fucking terrif." Natasha mouthed off at the front desk workers when Amy was already down the front hall almost towards the parking lot. "And give thanks to Moretti by shoving his damned pen so far up his ass he'll beable to write with his tounge." She slammed the pen and paper with the number and adress jotted down. With a farewell flip off the hot tempered mother of age twenty-three walked off examining the stolen vile of sleep pills. All the meanwhile, Amy feelt the smooth teeth and neck of the glass key, hidden deep in her dress pockets.