Another Death to Follow

As, the singing continued  I saw the little girl approach. She seemed beautiful from afar; but reeked of death up close. When I saw her face I noticed why. Her hair that looked to be blond was matted down to her head by the dried blood caked in her hair. Her small floral dress was shredded beyond recognition and was flecked with small droplets of crimson blood; that had long since dried. Her face though was the worst of them all; it was a face that had once been beautiful but was now battered. It was almost a shade of light purple as though she were bruised. Cuts and welts also covered her face and from almost all of them came blood. Her green eyes were glassy a those from the deceased; and at the corner of her mouth came the tiniest trickle of blood that was almost unnoticeable.

From her bloodstained mouth came two words that seemed to float on her foul smelling breath. The words were, "You're next!" and she disappeared with the fog. I screamed at the top of my lungs and fell to the floor. After I was done I gasped for breath terrified of what I just witnessed.

When I stood back up I notice that Dylan was on the floor unconscious. I walked over to him and knelt beside him. "Dylan?" I said but it was more of a question than a statement. He groaned and opened one of his hazel eyes. "What is it?" he asked.

"She came," was my only reply. Immediately he stood up and scanned the room. "Where's Sam?" He asked me.

"Dylan that's a funny question; she's right the-" I caught myself, because where Sam had once stood there was nothing but bloody footprints. Where is Sam, I wondered. "Kaylie? are you all right?" Dylan asked a tone of worry in is voice.

I snapped back to reality and replied, "Yeah Dylan I'm fine,"

"Okay," was his only reply. After about 3 minutes of silence Dylan broke it by saying; "Let's go find Sam... to see if she's okay,"

"Okay" I replied as I walked out the door. Dylan had to run to catch up to me. But almost tripped on a tree stump and stumbled in front of me. He hit some feet that were hanging in a tree and fell to the wooded earth. 

Then I realized something there shouldn't be legs in trees. So I look up only to find Sam hanging lifelessly to a string that was tied around her porcelain colored throat. I had the notion to puke but held it in; and began to rapidly poke Dylan on the shoulder. "What?" he shouted, as he rubbed his sore head. All I could do is point upwards to hold in a scream.

He looked up and began to cry and I cried with him. Why did this girl want us dead so badly. What did we ever do to her. We cried for about 20 minutes until I could cry no more. "We have to get her down," was the only thing I said and Dylan just nodded and began to climb. After five minutes of struggling he finally got Sam down. She fell to the ground with a sickening thud.

I tried not to look at her but did anyways. Her skin was paler than usual; making it almost luminescent. Her cheeks where sunken into her face; and her chocolate brown eyes were glassy. But the worst parts were that her mouth was slightly agape as if she wanted to scream; and a slow trickle of blood flowed from the corner of her mouth.

Her neck though the rope she was hung by was still hanging there around her neck. The rope was stained red where it cut into her throat; the line was even visible with small droplets of blood spattered all over her neck.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and whipped my head around. Only to find that it was Dylan; who was still wiping tears from his eyes. "It's okay Dylan," I said "Everything will be all right." He chuckled slightly and said "Your right, now let's go bury Sam."

"Okay" is all I said as we carried delicate Sam away to be buried with the others, that have fallen victim to the evil little girl in the fog.