Annie and the Strange House on Memory Lane

In a small town in a small house there was a small child named Annie, Annie had no parents because they were killed in a rock slide when they went on a vacation. She lived alone with her dog-named Sparky; Sparky is a german shepherd great pyrenees cross with a little husky. Together Annie and Sparky solved mysteries of all sorts and kinds, like the ghost in the attic at the museum or the time when they solved the crime of a multimillionaire in Los Angeles.  Annie and her loyal companion, Sparky set off for their next adventure in the town of Peach Springs. Once they got there the townspeople were hopeful that they might finally be able to  live in the house on Memory Lane once again.

Before Annie and Sparky went into the strange and  mysterious house that is on Memory Lane, they asked for any and all information from the townspeople about the house and its mysterious goings on.  Annie asked a little boy about the house.

‘’I went in the house and I think I saw a ghost!’’ the boy said.

‘’What did the ghost look like?’’ Asked Annie.

‘’It looked like a man, and he looked really confused. ’’ The little boy replied.

‘’Do you know the name of the man who lived there?’’ Annie curiously asked the young boy.

‘’I think his name was Dave, he was once the Mayor of  Peach Springs until he was murdered on July, 24, 1996. Ever since then the house has been haunted by the ghost of mayor Dave.’’ He replied.

‘’Thank you for the information little boy!’’ As Annie left the boys side she started heading towards town hall to speak with the new Mayor, Dwain Smith.

At town hall Annie was  advised to wait in the lobby for her meeting with the Mayor. Down the hall and to the right Annie could hear a conversation among two young men. One of the men had a very low voice and the second man had a bite of a high pitch and a bit of a low pitch, Annie could barely make out on what the two men were saying.

‘’I’m a bit suspicious about that Annie girl, I just don't know if she is a fraud or if we should trust her on finding out that the house is not actually haunted and that we are actually using it as a laboratory .’’ The first man said.

‘’ Lets just play it cool, man, it’s not like she is going to find out.’’ Replied the second man.

‘’You better be right, now lets get out of here before we attract any attention to our conversation.’’  As the one man opened the door, they both nervously walked quickly out of the room.

The first man, with the low voice,  walked quickly past Annie wondering how long she had been standing there for and what she had heard.

‘’The mayor will now see you Miss Annie.’’ Said the lady behind the desk.

Annie slowly walked into a room with no windows and thought to herself “What kind of a person would not want any windows of some sort in their office?”  The color of the walls were a whitish gray, there was only one wooden desk and two wooden chairs. A tall man quietly stepped out from the shadows from the corner of the room and slowly closed the door behind him. He told Annie to sit down, so she obeyed and sat down in front of the desk waiting very patiently for the man to sit down as well,  but he did not, he remained very still standing behind her.

‘’Miss Annie I am assured you are aware about the haunting of the house on Memory Lane. Am I right Miss Annie?’’ said the strange man.

‘’Yes, I am quite aware of the haunting’’ said Annie.

‘’What's your name sir?’’ Annie asked quickly.

“My name is Dwain Smith, I am the Mayor of Peach Springs, but, my name does not matter right now, the thing that matters right now is that the townspeople are terrified of the ghost on Memory Lane!’’ The mayor shouted at the the top of his lungs.

“Please calm down sir, I did not mean to upset you.  I am here to help and I’m not here to fight you.” said Annie

“ I am so sorry Miss Annie, I am just really worried, so many strange things have been happening.” said the Mayor.

“Tell about what has been happening”. asked Annie.

The Mayor told her that there were often strange noises coming from the house and strange figures in the windows, and that the lights sometimes would flicker continuously, and if the town's’ power off the lights of the house would stay burning brightly.

Annie left the room quickly as she could.  She and Sparky noticed that there were two men whom they had heard talking in the room at town hall. But this time the two men weren't talking to each other, they were giving two women a briefcase. Annie decided to follow them. The two women led them into a dark alley behind the house on Memory Lane. All of a sudden they stopped and looked around to see if they were being followed, so Annie and Sparky dove into a dumpster quickly as possible and very quietly. Annie peeked out from the dumpster and saw that the two women were gone! Annie and Sparky waited and waited and waited for someone to come out, but finally they gave in because it was so cold and miserable, it was also getting late.

The next morning Annie got ready to investigate the house.  Annie and Sparky made sure that they had everything that they would need, and they double checked it and then they went off to the house on Memory Lane.  They arrived at the house and stood in front of it and just stared.  Annie started to go up the steps very slowly, and turned the knob. She opened the door, and it made the most horrible sound. When she opened the door all kinds of animals came scurrying out, some of the animals had three eyes instead of the regular two.  Annie slowly walked in, and Sparky slowly followed her.  They stepped inside and they were shocked that the place wasn't trashed. All the furniture was in one piece and nothing was dusty or broken. Annie thought it was going to be all runned down and dirty.  All of a sudden she heard people talking in another room down the hall. It was the same two men who gave the briefcase to the two girls. They were talking about on how to get rid of Annie and Sparky. Their conversation went on forever until Annie accidentally knocked over a beautiful china vase off a miniature coffee table.

‘’Hey what was that sound?’’ The one man said.

The two men came running out just as Annie hid behind a very large sofa.  The men looked all around, but could not find them. The two men gave up and started to clean-up the mess on the floor.  Then they headed down to the basement of the house to continue their conversation, that had been interrupted.  Annie slowly crawled out of her hiding  place from behind the sofa and looked around to see if there were any more people coming. The coast was clear and she signaled for Sparky to come out. They slowly made their way to the door of the basement and down the stairs.  They snuck into the small dark room where the two men were talking.  Suddenly Annie tripped over Sparky and he let out a huge yelp! The two men turned and  jumped on  Annie! Suddenly, Annie found herself tied up and blindfolded. Sparky found himself thrown into a large bag and unable to get out.  The men took Annie and her dog, Sparky to a secret bomb shelter that was hidden below the floor of the basement, that no one knew about, except for five people and the evil mastermind.  Would Annie and Sparky see the light of day again?