Group Seven.

"Where the hell are you going, Zandra?! Get back here! You can't get away!" my father screamed as he ran down the steps of our rickety, two story house in the middle of some overcrowded city I didn't bother to learn the name of.

"Please come back! He didn't mean it, Zan! Don't go baby, I love you!" the words pierced through my heart as they came from someone I actually loved, my mother. She hadn't done anything wrong, I just couldn't take it anymore. I'll call her when I get the chance, but I hope she she'll forgive me for the time being. As I bolted across the street, avoiding vibrating boom-boxes too loud to be called cars and motorcycles that seemed to be trying to run me over, I tried to think of where I was going and what was going to happen to me in the next two months or so. Would I end up like those people on the streets, begging for coins? Maybe I'd be the next person on the cover, I could see it now; RUNAWAY MAKES IT BIG! Yes, that's where I was going, I wish.

Finally I was free from the burden of everything in the world, running as fast as I could, empty-handed and loving it. Of course, until I had to eat, then I'm sure I wouldn't be so carefree over the fact that I had nothing on my back except for my clothes. Oh well, I guess. What am I going to complain about? I was free, once and for all, and it would stay that way for as long as possible. I slowed to a jog as I took in my surroundings -- nowhere. I mean, there was some grass on the side of the roa.. there was no road. It was all grass. Crap.

I reluctantly turned around and headed for civilization, thinking of where I'd end up if I kept going the other way. I always seem to do that, wonder what would happen if I chose the other decision. I'm sure I'm indecisive, or maybe not. I'll never know. As I returned to the normal world of stoplights and people asking for spare change, I caught a glance at a poster. "Do you need somewhere to stay? We're waiting for you!" I made my way closer, mentally memorizing the address and trying to figure out how to get there. Little did I know what I was starting.