「Five Dead」

–xxx–

I try to open it, but the door is locked. With a frustrated breath, I kick it. There's a pleasant crack from the wood, and I smirk. With as much force as I can gather, I bring my foot back and ram it into the edge of the door. The metal lock breaks off and the door violently swings open, hitting the inside of the room with another crack.

"Hell yeah!" Takashi cheers. "Nice kick, Yuki."

I chuckle a little and step inside the room.

It's the Astronomy Club's storage area. Ten or eleven telescopes of all sizes are stacked in the room along with sleeping bags and a mini fridge in the corner. I don't pay attention to them, though, feeling the wall on the left side, searching. When my hands touch cold metal, I smile.

"Guys," I say, "I have an idea."

Takashi steps into the doorway and looks at me. "What kind of idea?"

I nod to the fire hose, smirking. "Remember that time in eighth grade when the firefighters came to school, and I decided to see how strong the water pressure was?"

Takashi chuckles. "Yeah. You ended up getting us out of classes for two weeks because of water damage and busted windows."

"Think I can do something like that again?"

His eyes widen as he gets what I'm suggesting. "Yuki, you're a genius!"

I laugh, cheeks heating up as I rub my head. "I don't know about that."

There's a loud humph, and Takashi and I turn to Rei, who has a pout on her face, arms crossed. "If you two are done flirting, I'd like to get out of here."

I clear my throat and turn back to the water pump. There's a long, thick hose next to it, wrapped around a metal stand. When I manage to find the end, I twist it onto the water pump and make sure it's tight before handing it to Takashi. "Point it at the tables," I instruct. "The pressure is intense, so it'll probably be a little hard to control. Might want Rei to help you. When you two get situated, tell me and I'll turn this wheel."

He nods and carries the hose out of the room. After a few seconds, I hear, "Turn it!"

I turn the wheel as fast as I can. It takes a little more strength than I anticipated since it hasn't been turned on in forever, but after a few hard turns, I manage to get it going. The sound of water going everywhere fills outside, though, and I shake my head, smiling.

The idiot didn't listen to me.

Takashi cusses, and I can hear water raining on the roof.

Quickly, I run to the doorway and see Rei standing behind him, trying to grasp for the possessed hose.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Takashi says, holding the end of the hose in the air, successfully soaking all three of us.

"I told you you needed Rei's help," I mutter.

"Not the time, Yuki," he grumbles, situating himself. As he gets a hold of things, his face hardens. "I didn't like most of you pricks then, I sure as hell don't like you now," he growls. "Eat it!"

The pressure from the water breaks the cellophane tape, causing the tables to tumble towards Them, crashing all the way to the ground at the bottom of the stairs. The sound of mangled groans grows silent as the water hitting everything takes its place. Some zombies still attempt to crawl towards us, but the water beats them down mercilessly, either smashing their heads against the concrete flooring or pushing them over the railing on the opposite side.