Home

I could smell the food as I walked downstairs. It was beautiful, like always. I walked into the kitchen. Mom made breakfest; bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and OJ. I looked at the clock, a half hour till I had to leave for school. Something outside the window caught me eye. A pure white flower, the petals were white, the stem white, even the leaves were white. I blinked, I gasphed, the flower was pure red now, Like blood, fresh. I could smell it through the walls of the home I lived in. 

"Callie!" My mom yelled,"Sit down and eat. Your food's getting cold." I sat down, blinking over and over. A quick glance out of the window and I saw there was no flower. In fact, the grass around that area was dead. "What's the plan for today Cal?"

My mom snapped me back into reality, she was asking me a question.  "Oh, uh. After school I was going to hang out with Jude and Pete. Maybe catch a movie or something."

"Okay, who's driving? How are you getting the money? What movie and theater?"

"Uh, well, Pete's driving, we're not sure on the movie, something new probably."

"Mhm, and the money?"

"Well, I get paid today and if I don't have enough, Jude and Pete said they'd help pay."

"Okay, well, it's almost eight, you should probably get to school."

"Okay," I said as I finished my Oj,"Love you!" I called over my shoulder as I grabbed my bag.

"Love you too! Be home by nine!" She yelled back.

**

It was only second period. I was so not going to be able to make it through today. Next time Jude made me stay up late on Skype with him, I'll kill him. I yawned as Mrs. Samuel said something about studying for some weird test coming up. I didn't really care, math was so easy.

** 

It was 2:45 and I just got out of school. I pulled my phone out to double check the time. Yep, 2:46 now. My phone start buzzing in my hand.

NEW MESSAGE FROM : JEW

Hey, meet me and Pete his house, 3:35. You got the money?

I texted him back saying I had the money and that I'd be there around that time. He texted back almost instantly.

 NEW MESSAGE : JEW

I'll drive you home tonight. We gotta talk.

I didn't text him back. Ever since the school trip a month ago, he's being "trying to talk."  I started walking towards the Y. I had to work there, seeing as they were the only place to hire teenagers. I was stuck being a life-guard. God, I hated those kids sometimes...

It was only a five minute walk from the school, everything in our town was close together. Not very big in Mineral. There was the high school, the two middle schools and three grade schools.  I walked into the Y and was greeted by Sam.

"Hey girl, here to pick your pay check up?"

"Haha yeah, why else would I be here?"

"To see me," He said winking. Oh goodness. Sam was so attractive. He was 19, tall enough, skater boy brown hair and dark green eyes. Other than his face, his body was average. Still more attractive than half the kids at my school.

"Oh, you know it," I replied giving him a playful wink. "Are they in?" I said, getting back to business.

"Yeah, come with me. Mary isn't in so I'll get it for ya." He took me to the workers room. As he was shuffling through some paper work and files, looking for my pay. I zoned out. School was almost our, two weeks and I'd be done. My junior year was almost gone and school couldn't end sooner. I couldn't wait to get out of Mineral. I loved this town, but I wanted a bigger city, a place that I could make a name for myself. I had a name here, but the name here wasn't what I wanted. It wasn't bad or anything, it was too simple though. She's so pretty, she'll find herself a good man, settle down, have three kids and a dog. I liked the idea of it, but not in the little place. I wanted something bigger, something better. "Here ya go," He said, turning around. Goodness, Sam was just adorable, that half dimple. How much I wanted to kiss those deep red lips. I think he noticed me staring at them because he smirked as he put the envelope into my hands. 

"Thanks," I said, not knowing what else to say.

"No problem," He replied, it was silent for a moment and I went to turn away and walk to the bank. Sam grabbed my hand and turn me around to him." Uhh, Callie, I was wondering, uh, if you wanted to go out some time?" 

I looked down at his hands, looked back up at him. His eyes, so honest and simple. Should I go on a date with this kid even though he two years older? Mom would want to meet him... "Sure," I said finally. He looked down at me with a huge smile. 

"Okay, I'll text ya tomorrow about it."

"Okay, see ya later Sam," I said, giving his hand a squeeze. He squeezed it back and turned around to go back to the workers room.