Final

-one-

"And this is why you don't play in the rain in four-degree weather," Junmyeon scolded his younger boyfriend as he brought in a tray of soup to their shared bedroom. The blond had just returned from a tiring shift at the local bakery, Heavenly Bakes, to find that his boyfriend of three years had been suffering from the symptoms of a cold these last few hours. Great way to kick off the weekend.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time," the younger, Sehun, protested as he sat up from his position on their bed. For the past few hours, he was forced to the confines of their bedroom as he cannot breathe through his nose nor could he move/feel his body. To someone as active as Sehun, these past few hours felt like hell. All because he decided to jog five kilometers in the rain... without a jacket.

"Well, look where that got you," the blond gestured to the recovering body of the brunet as he neared the edge of the bed. "I told you that there was a sixty-percent chance of rain that day."

In his defense, it was only drizzling when he started his monthly run and the more serious part of the rain started on his way back home, three kilometers away.

"Stop patronizing me," Sehun whined as he watched Junmyeon set the tray of steaming soup on his bedside table, being careful to not accidentally set it on the brunet's charging phone (because no one wanted a repeat of what happened last year). "I'm already miserable enough as it."

"Oh shush, you'll be fine," the older shot back as he carefully lifted the bowl of warm, steaming soup from the tray, bringing it closer to Sehun. "You'll be fine as long as I take care of you, love."

For a moment, the stuffy-nosed brunet warily stared at the soup bowl, as if expecting a goblin to jump out and scare him. His eyes shifted between the contents of the bowl and his beloved boyfriend before he gave up, gingerly taking the warm dish from said boyfriend's hold. You can't blame him, however, with the look Junmyeon gave him. It was too adorable to deny.

As he began taking spoonfuls of the rich, warm liquid, Sehun muttered, "Only because I love you."

Unknown to him, Junmyeon smiled in return.

-two-

"Achoo!" The sneeze of a certain twenty-three-year-old rang throughout the two-bedroom apartment of the Kim-Oh couple. At that moment, the said couple was snuggling in bed as the younger sneezed and "mouth-breathed" in misery. Another weekend wasted because of this bug that had been going around. Screw Jongin, Sehun's brother, for coughing on him the other day.

Wordlessly, Junmyeon reached over his boyfriend's form to hand him one of the many boxes of tissues that were resting on their bedside table for emergencies such as this.

"Thank you," Sehun muttered as he graciously took the box from the older's hands to cradle it in his arms. As he did, the couple returned to snuggling as the older spooned the younger from behind. While Sehun loved cuddling the blond, he hated being ill, and this was the second time this season (again, screw you, Jongin.) It doesn't help that despite the number of hours Junmyeon had spent with a sick Oh Sehun, his boyfriend never seemed to catch whatever Sehun was offering. The universe truly despised him.

While it's not the blond's fault for Sehun's shit immune system, he cannot help but be petty and whine at the unfairness of his situation. "Fuck your healthy self. Screw your immune system!"

Not wanting to aggravate the younger much more than he was at that moment, Junmyeon continued to spoon his beloved as the latter kept complaining about his slight predicament.

Until a sudden comment on Sehun's part caused the older to inquire, "Well, if I'm sick, who's going to take care of you and your whiny self? Hmm?" While Junmyeon wouldn't mind skipping work (Kyungsoo was capable of handling the bakery for a day or two), he wasn't really on board with the whole "I'm suffering, you should too" mentality that his beloved seemed to possess.