Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Arthur loved the rush and adrenaline of a good workout. He liked the fact when he completed it, his body felt sated and renewed as if he could finally start a day with a smile.

And the smile currently displayed on his face was proof of that fact. He towelettes at his neck and reached for the bottle of water as he waited for Spencer to finish up his morning run on the treadmill.

He worried for the man though. Lately , the man had been caught zoning out in his own world. Arthur had an inkling idea about what the man had been worrying about. Arthur couldn't imagine his own wife telling him she wanted a divorce. Granted, they were indeed having marital problems and if Natasha ever suspected Arthur was cheating on her...

Arthur sighed and leaned back against a stray wall.

He knew his life would be over in a heartbeat. Sure he felt horrible and guilty for the way he was going behind his wife's back, but he couldn't help the way he felt about Spencer. The man made him feel different, in a good, something he haven't felt with Miranda in a long time. Every time Spencer smiled Arthur felt his heart pick up.

Shit, who was he kidding, every time Spencer even spared him a glance he dropped deeper and deeper into a world pool of adoring emotions.

"You ready for that rematch in volleyball?" Arthur looked up to see Spencer walking up to him with a gym bag settled on his shoulder and a smile on his face.

"You know I am." Arthur grinned and followed the man out the gym. He froze when he remembered he left his sun lotion inside his room. Lord knows without it his skin would scald and flake against the blazing fire ball we call a sun. Him and the sun were never equal partners. Arthur groaned and face palmer himself, Spencer immediately turned around with a curious gaze on his face.

"What's up?".

"Forgot my sun lotion".

Spencer chuckled and shook his head in obvious amusement."Why do you call it sun lotion? It's called a sunscreen protector".

Arthur shrugged."Doesn't matter really."

"Yeah it does, we don't bottle up sun the sun. Why would you call it sun lotion". Now the man was down right mocking Arthur and he felt his eyebrows narrow.

"Are you making fun of me?". He asked and watched as Spencer struggled to control his laughter, the man settled for coughs and occasional snickers.

"No no, by all means go get your sun lotion". Spencer and Arthur rolled his eyes and playfully shoved Spencer out of his way causing the mans contained laughter to bellow out of him. It wasn't amusing but Arthur felt his lips pull up in a smile.

The man was a clown.

Arthur strode away, bottled water in hand, and rode up the elevator. He whistled to by pass the time, because frankly his mood was good right now and whistling seemed like the cliche hung to do.

He was walking down the his floor hallway when he suddenly saw Mr. Filmores wife, Rachel, come out her door with a cautious look around. She looked like she was sneaking away when she finally looked up and caught sight of Arthur.

The cautious look slowly slid away and was replaced by a seductive twinkle in her ice blue eyes.

Arthur inwardly groaned.

He wasn't a fool. And could vaguely remember her slyly checking him out at the dinner table. He swiftly ignored the looks though and sadly that must of only inspired her more.

Arthur had no choice but to stop walking as she sauntered over to him.

"Mr. Sterling, what a suprise." Arthur resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He instead settled for a raised eyebrow.