INTERVIEW WITH... kiahErrol

INTERVIEW WITH… kiahErrol

Please introduce yourself…

I'm known on Wattpad as KiahErrol, or Kiah, or Errol, my real name is Kayleigh.

Name one of your books and give a short description of it ...

Holiday Awakening is the story of an unexpected romance between Felix and Logan which blossoms on holiday when the protective nature of Felix finds Logan being abused by his older brother and one of Felix's best friends; Brian. Their love for each other grows despite the all the odds, but so does Brian's twisted hatred, so that by the time they return home from an unexpected extension to the holiday, Brian's temper is on fire and Logan finds himself at the receiving end of it. After being forced to watch his belongings destroyed and his spirit crushed by Brian's fists and his bitter words, Logan loses all hope. At the end of the book Felix finds himself at the top of a building with the love of his life, waiting for Logan to choose life or death for them both.

At what age did you start to write?…

I've been writing for as long as I can remember but my first novel was finished at age 11. I started writing poetry before novels.

When did you join wattpad? How long have you been a member?

I joined at the beginning of September 2011, I havn't been a member for a year yet.

What was your first book?

The first book I ever wrote was called 'New Blood In The Family'. The first book I've had published is 'Despite Himself/Holiday Awakening'

How has your writing style changed over your time on wattpad?

I have gone from writing in 3rd person so 1st person, my flow has improved as well as my editing - up until three months ago I couldn't edit to save my life, not I edit all my books myself.

What is one thing you hate? / can’t stand?

I hate garlic and onions, the taste and smell of them, urrgh.

What type of book do you prefer to read / write?

I love love love romances! I like supernatural romances and my favourite books to read are 'Christine Feehan's' 'Dark Carpathian' series.

What inspires you to write?

Other writers, subjects that are close to my heart and that I enjoy and I use writing as escapism from everyday life and the hard things. I also enjoy all the feedback from my fans and living through my characters and stories.

What type of person would you class yourself as?

I'm quiet, loyal, sensitive, creative, imaginative, caring and friendly person. I'm also giggly and fun but at the same time I'm quite easily depressed.

What’s one of the most embarrassing things that’s happened to you / you’ve wrote?

The door knocked one day and I was just getting out of the shower, I threw on my dressing gown and opened the door to the post man who was delivering a parcel. When I reached out to take it from him ad sign the paper, my dressing gown fell open and I ended up flashing the postman. He still delivers to our house a few years later and since the first time, I've managed to accidently flash him several times more. I think he was more embarrassed than me though.

Do you have things a certain way when writing? Like certain conditions?

I like to be sitting in a well lit, warm place, with plenty of sweet snacks, candy and drinks. It also needs to be quiet, no music or TV or anyone rambling away while I'm trying to concentrate. One of my favourite places is outside in the sun, with the sound of the birds around me.

What book/s are you reading at the moment?

I haven't had much chance to read much at all just lately but I have been reading some work by Recklis and I'm in the middle of 'Dark Slayer' 'Christine Feehan'.

Who is your favourite author?  (Either generally or on wattpad)

'Christine Feehan' outside of wattpad. On wattpad my two favourites are Recklis and Lorby1000.

What’s your earliest memory?

Spending time at the big piece of land that my family own, its like a huge forest with a big clearing in the middle and makeshift huts and a well. It's still one of my favourite places to this day.

Random question but what’s your favourite… candyfloss, ice cream, candy, crisp(includes Doritos) or cookies ?

Oh no, a difficult one, I love all of those, but I think I have to say candy :)

Do you put messages in your books?

I try to put messages about certain things that I've experienced in my life. My poetry is very dark and full of my own feelings, messages of pain and hurt really.

What do you want to do for a career?

I write my books, illustrate, make homemade cards, gifts, candles, clothes, and toys and run my shop on Etsy. I'm also a mummy to a beautiful little toddler and wife and homemaker.

Where are you from?

I'm from the West Midlands in the UK

Which of your books do you think is the most popular? And why do you think that is?

I think Kandy and Kisses is most popular because William is such a fun loveable character.

What is one thing that you regret the most?

I don't really have many regrets, I can't think of any off hand. I tend to live my life as best I can and make the most of ever moment. If there is something I want then I tend to go for it with my whole heart and soul.

Name one celebrity that, if given the chance, you would slap with a fish.  

I don't really watch much TV and the only music I listen to is music I like, I've struggled to come up with 5 celebrities, let alone ones I don't like, sorry lol. I spend most of my time looking after my animals, my house, my husband and my daughter and my spare time I spend working on my books.  So seeing as I see a lot of children's TV I'll have to choose Dora the explorer, she isn't really a celebrity but I do hate her.

Favourite word at the moment?

Prettyful (I tend to make a lot of words up)

Is there anything you find particularly challenging? In life or writing?

I suffer with panic attacks so sometimes, just going out can be a huge challenge, doing normal every day things can be challenging. In my writing I find writing as a character that I don't know so well or someone who I can't relate to particularly challenging.

Who does your covers?

I design and make my own covers, starting from simple sketches and line drawings to full colour pictures and then transferring them to my laptop and using my Serif program to add the title and refine.

Skirt or trousers girl?

I'm a bit of both, I love wearing jeans but I also love the excuse to get all dressed up in dresses and pretty things.

Fancy some shameless self promotion?

Despite himself is now published on Amazon Kindle, please help support me and get a copy. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BH0DFW?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1

Holiday Awakening my first book, followed by Kandy and Kisses and then Run Away With Me, I have even more books planned for the coming future, including a book where boyxboy meets zombies.  I also have a whole other fantasy/romance series about a mythical place called Tanah where a whole host of preternatural creatures live.

Some last words for the readers of this interview…

I want to thank everyone who has read my work, voted and commented and supported me over the last 9 months and I hope everyone will continue to support me.

Ta-ra