Please, Stay. { One-Shot Story }

one shot story -- if you don't know what this it's a short story, i wont be adding anything; this is the full short story.

-

"Just bring the things I need." Jason said into his phone, he was sitting in old motel room, the only thing he could get at the last minute.

"Okay." He heard Bristol say on the other end before the line went dead. 

He tossed his phone on the bed before sitting down on the edge of it, he placed his head in his hand before sliding it back in his short hair, a breath of air escaping his lips. He'd been here for a few days, and needed a few of his things.

He grabbed his half empty bottle of beer, and chugged the rest. He was already wasted from his many bottles earlier. It was the only way he could escape the pain from the end of the relationship. The memories and thoughts of Bristol stung his mind as he grabbed his last beer from his six pack.

Minutes later he heard the familiar small knock on the door, the one belonging to Bristol. He stood and drug himself to the door before he opened it. Her strawberry blonde curls fell perfectly over her shoulder, and although it was obvious she'd been crying, she still looked beautiful in his eyes. "Hello." he managed out,

She raised her hand, "Don't." She said softly, handing a bag over to him. He leaned against the door frame and grabbed it.

"Can you tell I haven't slept?" Jason slurred.

Bristol looked at him with sad eyes,"If you see me again, don't bother saying hello." she said before turning on her heel, she couldn't see him like that. He was ruined, wrecked. And she felt the same pain he'd felt.

He reached out and grabbed her arm. "Bristol, please." He begged, he wanted her there with him. They both still loved each other, it was obvious. Neither of them wanted this. He needed her to stay.

She turned her head slightly, "I need time Jason." she barely managed out, already chocking back tears at the thought of him being a wreck without her.

He dropped her arm and she slowly turned toward him, "Everything will be alright, just believe that. And you wont be alone, and i'd have your company." He breathed out in a whisper, his eyes locking with hers.

Bristol looked away from him and sunk her teeth into her bottom lip, the look she had when she was on the verge of tears. Her foot tapped on the ground as she struggled not to show the hard time she was having keeping her composure.

She could break down, right here. Fall in his arms and everything would be okay. She needed something to break the pain, something to take it away from her. The only thing was Jason.

Jason backed up, and held his arms out beside him, a beer in his hand. "Don't let me down-" He brought the beer back up to his lips where he took another long drink. "I've been drinking again." He said, despite the fact it was obvious he was drinking.

Bristol looked at him, "Please-" she started, knowing where he was going. She couldn't handle, not now. She couldn't go back to him, she just couldn't.

He cut her off, "I still love you." he admitted, "All the love. It's still here. It never left.."

"Jason.." She whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Just say you love me, and I'll apologize. Just say it Bristol."

"We both did some things that need apologizing." She said softly, not removing her eyes from him. 

"I don't want to think about that. Just let me take the blame - all of it. I'll take everything if you just stay with me tonight." Jason pleaded.

"I can't do this right now." She chocked out and took a few steps backwards. "I'm sorry." she barely whispered before turning, her palm scraping across her cheek to remove the tears.

"Please, stay!" He called out after her, stumbling from his hotel room. 

Bristol turned around and continued walking backwards. "We might not think it now, but this is what we want. This is what we need. The past two years were great, the best time of my life Jason. But I can't do it anymore." She whispered the last part before turning and running to her car.

She quickly climbed in and drove off, the sight of him in her rearview mirror as tears fell down her face.

She kept her eyes on the rearview mirror, watching his slowly fading figure. She was so caught up in wondering if she should turn around, she didn't notice the bright headlights ahead of her, until it was to late.

Everything went so slow, yet so fast. Bending, scraping metal. Tires screeching. Yells. Blackness. Silence. Sirens. Bright lights. Jason. Jason -- his voice is distance, but she could still hear his franic voice.

She opened her eyes slightly, Jason was there beside her, gripping onto her hand, but she couldn't feel it. Someone pulled him away, and he was screaming. Everything blurred and she sunk back into the blackness.

Jason rushed to the hospital, she was okay. She had to be okay. Her tried to shake the amount of blood, scraps, bruises, broken bones that he'd saw. Tears streamed down his face as the pedal hit the bottom of the car.

He zoomed into the parking lot, right behind the ambulance. He quickly parked his car and climbed out, and sprinted to the ambulance. Someone grabbed him and was holding him back, but her name stung his throat as he screamed it out.

The doctors rushed around her, wheeling her as fast as they could in the hospital, Jason finally was able to walk in. He waited all night outside the hospital room. His head in his hands.

It must have been four thirty in the morning by the time the doctor slowly made his way from the room. "Jason.." He said.

Jason looked up, and was on his feet in an instant. "How is she? Is she okay? Can I see her?" He said quickly.

The doctor looked down, then back up at Jason. "I'm sorry.. The injuries were to much, she wasn't strong enough to make it." He said softly.

Jason shook his head, "No.. No. She can't be --" it felt as if he'd been punched in the stomach, his heart dropped and he felt the feeling of throwing up. Her face, her smile, her laugh, it all flashed across his mind. He felt his knees grow weak. "She can make it. She can, give her another chance." Jason chocked out, his voice cracking.

"She's already gone --" The doctor began.

"No!" Jason shouted, "She's not! She's still here! She has to be. She can't die, not now! I didn't get to say i'm sorry, I didn't get to kiss her goodbye, It was just a stupid fight, we were gonna get back together!" He rubbed his mouth as tears streamed down his face. He opened his mouth to apologize but nothing came out. "I'm not ready to say goodbye.." he barely whispered out.

 The way her red hair flowed down her face, the way her green eyes shined, her smile, her red lips, Jason could see it all. She was still here, she had to be. He shrugged the doctors hand off and turned, he didn't want to take the offer to walk in her room and tell her bye, because he couldn't. He sprinted from the hospital. What was he supposed to now the love of his life, the only reason he was living -- was gone?

 -

Jason watched from the distance as they placed her white casket in the ground, the bags under his eyes black from lack of sleep, his eyes red from crying. As soon as they corvered the grave and placed the flowers, everyone had cleared out.

He slowly walked to her grave, falling to his knees beside it. "Bristol.." He whispered, tears coming down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry." He placed his hand on the dirt covered grave. "I wish I could kiss you and hug you, but I can't." He said as more tears streamed. "Please come back, please stay." he repeated, he hung his head as he sobbed over her grave, wind began to whip his hair, but he didn't care. He had to stay, he had stay here for her.