Jerkmeo & Juliet (( tvow entry - unedited)

Title: Jerkmeo and Juliet.

--

Romeo and Juliet met when they were young. It was summer when they first both laid on each other’s eye. Unlike the old version of Romeo and Juliet, their parents are both in good terms. In fact, they made a conspiracy on why their names were made for each other. Everyone believes that they were meant for each other. Jules, on the other hand, thinks that Romeo sucks and he’s the biggest jerk in the planet. Why is that so?

When they met, summer 1997, Romeo cut Juliet’s doll’s dress that made Jules cry a river. They were only 5 that time. He was laughing his ass off when their parents came and asked Romeo to apologize. In which, he ran and left Jules crying without any apology. Jules started to despise Romeo even with this silly reason.

When they were transferred into pre-school, Romeo would get Jules’ recess and eat it for himself. Jules being Jules, would cry again and tell their teacher Romeo’s misdoings. Romeo laughed and didn’t care about Jules crying for the second time. In additional, every solitary day, Romeo would call Jules fat. That made Jules hate Romeo more and more each day.

When they were elementary, Romeo snuck a frog in Juliet’s bag. Turns out, Jules is not afraid of frogs. So, Romeo made Juliet kiss the frog; Juliet believed in the Frog Prince after all. Romeo used his camera and recorded Jules’ first kiss. Besides from Jules getting sick, he played the tape when they graduated from Elementary during Jules’ valedictory speech that made everyone laugh at poor Jules. Romeo was not able to get his diploma afterwards.

When they were in high school, Jules decided to fly to America to avoid that jerk. However, fate played a trick and Juliet almost screamed when he saw Romeo on the plane where she boarded. Turns out, Romeo will also be with her.

When they were in America, instead of Romeo throwing pebbles in Juliet’s window, he directly hit Juliet with pebbles. After that incident, Juliet swore that Romeo is a jerk in every bruise that she had.

Now that they’re back for college, she was forced to live with Romeo in a house.

She sighed while reminiscing how they met and how they ended up here. “Oh cruel fate, what have I done to deserve this?” she uttered while eyeing Romeo with fire in her eyes that burn into his soul. Romeo winked and flipped the pancakes he was cooking for their breakfast. He smiled and patted Juliet’s head.

Jules knew what Romeo did. She shrieked in terror. Romeo did just put bubble gum in her hair. He laughed while she tried to untangle most of her hair. Bad habits die hard.

However, Jules and Romeo swore that they will never fall for each other. Promises are meant to be broken, aren’t they?

--

They left for school while Jules was throwing dagger looks on Romeo’s head wishing he would die right at that moment. “Hey baby Jules, I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.”

Instead of giving Romeo attention, Jules continued walking and rolled her eyes away from Romeo’s face. He held her hand for him to catch up. Jules’ heart was beating so fast that she was afraid that he might hear it. She didn’t know why but her hate dispersed easily when she met Romeo’s gaze. Her heart skipped a beat when Romeo drew her closer. He tucked her hair in her ears and smiled. “Your face is epic. Tell me, do you like me, Jules?” and let out a huge smirk.

Her smile disappeared quickly and hit Romeo in a place where it would hurt the most. She ran as fast as she could, leaving Romeo numb with pain down there.

--

During Literacy subject, their teacher was discussing about the undying love of Romeo and Juliet. All of their classmates where smirking like lunatics in their direction. She felt uneasy while butterflies fluttered in her stomach, how lovely is this girl when inlove? She slowly turned her head to Romeo’s direction to find out that her prince charming was sleeping. She used her heels to kick his leg and Romeo began to perk up slowly.