Chapter 1

First Fan fic, so enjoy!! I am sorry if it sucks. give me sugestions for some drama!! Who should fall for Katrina? Candice? Any triangles? How does fame get into their life? I am open for suggestions!!! -Sara xx

I can’t believe the sight I see walking up to the school news board. It is a cruise for two around the world for the rest of the days until Summer break, which is about five month. A cruise means peace and quite, it being off season.

This cruise is only for AP World History seniors, which I am and about thirty others. I am never really lucky with these kinds of things, but Candice always gets this kind of things.

Candie has been my best friend since we were born. Our parents are partners at a law firm and we would always run through the office like idiots. I was always secretly jealous of her because she is gorgeous and I’m just me. I was always the nerd no one talked to, except when Candice was there she would always try to include me in the conversation, bless her.

When people compare us they think we are on different ends of the social circle. I am the girl with the nerdy glasses and the ugly black hair. I also have dark blue eyes and I never care what I look like. Candice on the other hand is smart, pretty, and popular. I am only smart out of those three. Candice has beach blonde hair and hazel eyes. No one can believe we are best friends, but every one knows it.

I step away from the board and walk to my locker which is very bland compared to Candice’s locker. Her locker is filled with pictures of celebrities like Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Bruno Mars, and Channing Tatum. Her locker is especially filled with One Direction.

I don’t really like them as much as she does, but they are cool, I guess. I never really listen to mainstream music; I listen to Maroon 5, We the Kings, NeverShoutNever, The Fray, Coldplay, Hot Chelle Rae, John Mayer, Jason Maraz, OneRepublic, The Script, etc. I take out my AP history book and put it in my bag.

I see Candice and she yells “Katrina, wait up!” I turn around and wait for her as she runs holding her skirt down. We have AP History together and we enter the classroom and she sits with me in the back. In a matter of minutes everyone is crowding her and I am stuck in the corner reading Pride and Prejudice. Just as I was getting to the good part Mrs. Gomez walks in with a box and a stack of papers.

“Alright students I have the box to apply for the five month cruise where you will be going around the world. The winner will pick another AP student to accompany them and will be getting an A for the semester.”

I walk up to the box last after everyone and put my name in. For the rest of the day have been stressed over if I get it or not. We are back in homeroom for end of the day announcements and it is now time to hear the results.

First they talk about the dress code and birthdays and now are the time. The principal Mr. Dash says “The winner of the cruise around the world is Katrina Valero. Congratulations and come to the office to pick up the information.”

I sit there in shock as Candice comes up and hugs me. I stand up and walk to the office and get a huge package. I meet up with Candice outside and to her car. Her car is a cherry red Mercedes and it is very expensive. I never wanted a car so instead my parents got me a new guitar, which is what I wanted anyway. We arrive at our houses and get out of her car. I know what you are thinking, what do you mean houses, well we both live in mansions next to each other in the middle of nowhere over looking the beach.

Our parents are lawyers to very wealthy clients and with wealthy clients come a lot of money. The downside to their jobs is they are barely home because they are an international law firm and since all four of them are the owners, we are left alone a lot.

Luckily today my parents are home to tell them about the trip. I walk into the foyer and see Leila, our maid and say hi. She waves and I walk into the study to see them scrambling looking for papers. They see me and run up and give me a hug. I know my parents are away a lot so they spend as much time with me as they can.

“Um, Mom and Dad I won a cruise for two for History and I am wondering if I could go?”  they look at me and mom says “You won that is great and of course, who are you bringing?” I already know because she is my only friend “Candice because she is also in AP history.”

They nod and my dad says “For how long because we have a long business trip coming up?” I told him 5 months and he told me they will be away for a whole year and will be back next August. I felt my heart drop and I said

“Are Candice’s parents going too?” they nod and I sigh thinking at least she will be with me. I told them I am going to Candice’s house and I walk over to her house. She answers her door and I say to her “so what are you going to pack for five months?” she squeals and hugs me tightly and I gave her the permission slip and she gives it back to me five minutes later signed. I put it back into the envelope along with mine ready to bring it to school tomorrow and start to pack to leave a week later.

A week later

We are in the airport waiting to fly to England to the port where the ship is. I have about three luggages and Candice has about four. We are waiting at the gate to enter, first class is called and we line up. I am glad we got first class because from New York to England is about ten hours and that means a lot of sitting, so at least sit comfortably. We sit down and buckle up as we take off. We are now up in the air and the seat belt sign goes off and I fall asleep.

I wake up to the air stewardess asking me to put my seat up for landing. I turn to Candice and ask her “I slept through the whole flight?” and she nods. “Well at least you didn’t have an annoying kid kicking your seat.” She motions to the kid behind her, who is sleeping.

“He stopped about an hour ago.” I laugh and she rolls her eyes. We land and we grab our stuff and walk to baggage claim. I grab a cart and put all of my stuff on it as I wheel it to the chauffer waiting for us.

We put the luggage into the back of the black escalade. We drive to the port and the ship isn’t one of the commercial ships, it is exclusive for special people and the contest was to fill the spots on the ship.

We were lucky because this cruise cost a lot of money, I mean we could’ve afford it, but it was free and an A for the semester in all my classes, I couldn’t refuse.

The ship was gorgeous and has all of those features you would find on a commercial one, but smaller. We check in our bags and get our room cards and see we got a suite with a balcony. I hear faint screams from outside the port as we walk onto the ship.

It looked like the one in the Titanic movie except smaller. Candice nudges and says “You know we are in England and here the drinking age is eighteen and we or just me for know is eighteen. Your birthday is in a week and then we can go to the club on the ship.”

I smile as we explore and I find the arcade. I love arcades and so does Candice, but she doesn’t show it. We look at all the untouched games and start playing one of the Fast and Furious games and I win. We go for round two when we hear the sound of teenage boys come in. Candice diverts her eyes to the boys and she gasps as she says

“Your One Direction!”