Important Author's Note/ Cover Release

Disclaimer: This FanFiction is about the Dragon War or, known by the dragons, the Du Fyrn Skulblaka. Reading the Inheritance Cycle is not essential before reading this story, although it is highly recommended due to the frequent usage of the legends and lore throughout the series.

The "Eragon" in this book is NOT the Eragon featured in the Inheritance Cycle novels, it is the original Eragon from where Eragon Shadeslayer received his name.

This story is not official, it is a story completely created from my imagination and the lore of the Inheritance Cycle. Because of events not specified in the novel I had a little bit of leverage for my own creativity, the reason I am writing this FanFiction prequel.

This story is THOUSANDS of years before "Eragon" 's story was told and was published, telling the story of how the Elves gained their immortality and fought with the dragons resulting in the Riders being formed. I hope you thoroughly enjoy this story, if there is something within the dragon lore I am forgetting/ you wish to be mentioned please send me a private message.

In my own personal opinion the Elves did not become vegetarians until after the Du Fyrn Skulblaka, this is again my own personal opinion. I also believe while the elves were mortal, they still had an extended life span of about 150 years. Again, my own opinion.

~RiderFirnen

P.S. A few of the characters/ chapters will be titled or named in Finnish. I am of Finnish origin and I think it looks kind of nifty.