Amnesia [CM Punk One Shot]

As Aria opened her eyes, she took a moment to look around the room. Clothes strewn on the floor, curtains pulled together sloppily and an empty pillow next to her. With a frown, she tried to recollect her memory: last night, she had definitely gone to bed with someone else. Running a finger over the fresh love bite on her neck, she pulled back the covers and stepped onto the blue carpet, hissing slightly as the cool morning air bit at her exposed skin.

After fumbling around in the dark for her clothes and hurriedly pulling them onto her naked body, she lazily rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and made her way into the living room/kitchen area of the hotel room. Looking around, her eyes locked onto a very familiar man sat on the couch, rubbing his face with his hands, his puffy eyes from a clear lack of sleep immediately recognisable to the young women.

“Phil?” Aria questioned, stopping a couple of metres away from him. The man looked up, blinking rapidly, before whispering hoarsely

“Aria… We shouldn’t have, it was a mistake…”

Aria felt the colour drain from her face instantly as if someone had edited her with the black and white effect, she opened her mouth to reply, only to come up short. Tears stung in the eyes of the brunette girl as she stared at Phillip Brooks, speechless.

 “It only complicates things and neither of us need that” He stated calmly, his tone having an edge to it that Aria couldn’t figure out.

“Don’t you remember…?” Aria whispered, her voice sounding as broken as she felt right then “All those things you said to me…” She trailed off as her voice began to crack, tears threatening to spill and break the strong façade she was putting up.

Phil stood up; his face expressionless as he met the blue eyes of Aria’s which were glistening with unshed tears. He closed the gap between them and reached for her thin wrist, clasping his around it gently

“I’m sor—”

“Don’t Phil, just don’t go there. I’m calling a cab” Aria stated, sounding much more defiant than she felt. Ripping her arm out of his grip, she turned her back on him and began to walk away, pulling out her phone as she went.

“It’s 6am, where are you gonna go?” His voice echoed across the room, stopping Aria in her tracks just as she lifted her hand to reach the door handle.

“I’ll find somewhere” She said with an air of finality and stepped through the open door before slamming it shut behind her; separating the two of them into separate bubbles of confusion.

Phil collapsed into the material of the couch, feeling emotionally drained. He hadn’t intended it to end up that way; it wasn’t supposed to be like that at all. With a sigh, he put his head into his hands as the last ten minutes replayed over and over inside his head, haunting his every movement.

As Aria fell into the back of the cab, she bit her lip as a single tear rolled down her cheek. She had no idea where she was going to go until this evening but what she did know was that she needed to get away from that hotel, away from the man who had not only broken her heart but smashed it into smithereens with a hammer.

***

As 7.30pm neared, Aria got up from the couch she’d been on for the past few hours, pulling her eyes away from staring blankly at the white wall ahead of her and walked into the miniature bathroom that was attached to her locker room. Splashing water on her face, she set to covering up the tear tracks, which had embedded on her cheeks, with layers of foundation. Plastering a fake smile onto her face to finish the look, Aria ran her brush through her hair one final time before changing into her in-ring gear and sitting down to tie up her boots. As she pulled the boot onto her right shoe, a sharp knock on the door broke into her thoughts and the young women jumped in surprise.

“Come in” She called out, proceeding to finish tying up her bootlace before looking up into the eyes of none other than Phil or as he was known to the WWE fans, CM Punk.

“Get out” She shot him a fierce glare as she spat the words at him, deciding that being as harsh and cold as she possibly could was the only way to stop her from crumbling into a sobbing wreck once more.

“Please Aria, just hear me out”

“No Phil, I know what you are going to say… You got caught up in the heat of the moment and said some things you didn’t mean and will never mean… I was stupid for believing you, for falling for it all, for falling for yo—“

Aria’s ramblings were silenced as Phil forcefully pressed his lips to hers, catching her by surprise. The two engaged in a passionate embrace, sparks flying from both directions before breaking for air. A smile broke out on both of their faces as Phil rested his forehead on hers, catching his breath back.

“What I wanted to say was… it wasn’t supposed to happen that way. I meant what I said last night Aria, I promise you that. I just didn’t want it to be some one night fling that we’d both regret and never be able to put behind us; you deserve better than that. Aria, I don’t want to be with you for one night, I want to be with you forever… I – I love you Aria, I have for a while now”.