General Rules to Wicca

The New Book of the Law is a published by Lady Galadriel. It is an excellant "rule book" for those looking for a tested ethical and group working system when they form a group or Coven.These obviously won't have much application to those of us who are Solitaries. I've also included two other Ardayne-like writings from Scott Cunningham called The Nature of Our Way and The Law of Power which are oriented more towards the Solitary Practitioner.

 1. The Laws were created to give our lives form and order, that all might be balanced throughout all of the planes. In truth there are two sets of laws which govern us -- one sets forth the ways of the Wiccan, and the other the ways of the Universe. Both are important, both should be observed with respect and treated with honor. The Laws were shaped and molded to teach us, to advise us, and to counsel us in our time of mortal life on earth.

2. Honor the Gods, for They are the channels and the manifestation of the Source. Honor yourself, for this force also lies within you. Love the Gods as They love you, and by loving yourself and your brothers and sisters, so the Gods shall honor you. As the love and joy of a man and a woman [or "lover and beloved" -- LAH] flowers and grows when nurtured with respect, and cultivated with understanding and honor, so should you love the Gods.

3. The Goddess is the Great Mother, and the God is the Great Father, and we are Their children; and we shall worship Them, for They are the rulers of the Universe, and all that is therein. Therefore, O Children of the Gods, try Them not, nor attempt to test Them, for They shall show you that he Ways of the Craft are not to be belittled or mocked.

4. Let the Power of the Craft flow from you only in love -- or not at all. For it has always been known that the energy webs which we weave and maintain shall eventually return to encircle their creator. Thus our works become either the net which entagles and binds us, or the web of light by which we find the Gods.

5. Let the Rites of the Wicca be a way for the children of the Gods to be as One -- for Power only flows when unified. Always should you revere the Earth, and heal and tend Her, for She is our life, our Mothership, on which we navigate the dark currents of space.

6. When you reap the harvests of your lands, then you shall not reap one corner of the field, nor glean the herb gardens, or the fallen fruits of the orchards. These you shall offer to the Earth Mother, in direct return, or through offerings made to your Circle, or to sustain its Priests and Priestesses.

7. Always be proud to be of the Wicca, but do not allow your pride to become vanity -- for those who are conceited are a stubling block at the door of the Temple, and they shall be cast adrift, to swim within their own vanity.

8. Observe and listen, reserving your judgement, for until all the silver is weighed, who can know the worth thereof?

9. As like breeds like, even more so does good beget love and joy. Your life will be full of love and joy if you are joyful and happy.

10. Your teachers are the servants of the Gods, and they shall plant the seeds of knowledge within the minds of their students, and they shall use their power for the good of the Wicca. Yet it is each individual's duty to tend the seeds which are planted, and to make the final harvest. Those who misuse the power and the trust of the teacher's position shall have to answer to the Lords of Karma, and adjust the balance accordingly.

11. The Temples of the Gods, which are Their abode on Earth, shall belong to all Their children, and each Circle shall be as a special family. Do naught against any Temple or any family of the Wicca, lest you do that thing unto the Gods, and against yourself.

12. You must not be a teller of tales amongst the children of the Goddess, and you must hold no malice or evil thoughts towards others of the Wicca.