A Simple Little Story

Introduction

I never meant to do this.

I never meant to find it

I'm sorry

Chapter 1

April

"Hey Pete, you coming tonight?"

"Maybe, moms onto me so"

Nobody asked me, nobody even saw me sitting at the desk. Little ole' Matt ruined it for himself. but I had no interest in going, their parties were just drugs, drinks, sex, and sucky music. so I walked away, down the hall towards the library. The lonely ghost in the halls. I turned left and opened the library door. I immediately went to the back computer and pulled out my headphones.  The day is survived through little bursts of music, quality music.

Before I  had even started a song a girl walked in and sat next to me. She made a little jingle when she sat down, so much jewelery.  All the computers in the room and she chose this one. its not that I disliked her, I just want my time alone to be well alone.

She flipped her hair over her shoulder and I noticed it was brown. I knew the girl but not well only what the other people said.

They didn't say nice things. 

I put the first song on and suddenly she turned to me.

Her mouth moved and I heard a vague sound but not words.

"sorry my headphones were in, what?" I asked

"what do you think of me?"

"what do you mean?"

"whats your impression of me?"

"I mean I don't know you,  hardly your name even but most people don't say nice things"

" I know Ive heard it all" she says bitterly "but you what do you think"

But I had put my headphones in, I was gone.

When study hall ended I walked to math and waited for the music moment could come.

That's what I call them, music moments. Quality music moments,  only an hour left though I could do this.

That girl, Elodie, was in my last class, English. 

Its not that I don't like English or dislike the teacher, I dislike the classmates.

Only a few people have the intelligence to understand what the teacher even wants. 

But its the end so I can take heart in that.

I walk in with my head down and take the seat at the very back corner as quick as possible, I dont want contact.

Elodie walks in and sits in her usual seat, the middle.

I pull out the current book, something Jack London. 

And then school is over.

I get on the bus and sit in the safe middle. Where nothing happens just musical enjoyment. 

Usually Elodie is here but not today. Must have gotten a ride. I shrug snd settle in for the ride.

20 minutes later Im home and nothing matters but getting to the computer.

the computer where my life source lives.

music and my best friend.

the internet.

but today is not a normal day today is a day my usually absent mother is home and so im expected to be her slave and pretend I love her until she leaves within 2 days.

Maybe I'll be allowed my headphones this time. 

I hope to the dear lord for the world's sake

Elodie

He didn't notice and didn't care

he proved all my suspicions

I glanced down at my bracelet claden wrists and the sleeves over the upper arms

no one knew but me amd music

today the book would serve its purpose

today I died