Chapter 1: Black Out

I woke up to the sound of my brother running down the stairs, my blankets all tangled up around me and the sky still dark.  What time is it?  I pouted as I look up at my ceiling to see the red digits my clock was displaying.  It took me a few moments to figure out the time, since I was still half asleep, but once I did, I was not happy.  It was only 6:00 in the morning!!  My door opened as my mother walked in with a smile on her face.

    "Morning Jacinda, did you sleep well?"  I nodded to her and despite my earlier anger, I smiled.  "Good because you will never believe what Santa left for you, so many gifts."  My eyes widened hearing this and I desperately tried to untangle myself from the blankets around me.  I stopped hearing my mother laugh softly and looked back over to her; I guess during my struggle she had walked over.  "Here, let me help you sweetheart."    Ok, for those of you who are confused on why my mother was helping me, let me explain.  My name is Jacinda Clary Moon and I'm only four years old, turning five in a month, but very smart and mature for my age, but unfortunetly I was short as well, which means I was the runt of the pack.  Yes you heard me right, I said pack, thats because everyone in this small village is a werewolf.

    "Ok mommy" I replied in a tired filled voice but it was sweet, just like a kids should be.  Once free I lept out of the small twin size bed and ran out of my room, down the hall and into the family room where I giggled at the lit up Christmas tree and all the presents around it.  My brothers Shawn and Drake were already sorting through all the gifts and placing them into piles.  Shawn and Drake are twins and look exactly alike in every way, including how blonde their hair was and how blue their eyes were.  They are six years old, although I knew that in a few days they would be seven and already stood close to four feet tall.   I didn't stop running until I had jumped onto Drakes back, still giggling.

    He grunted before looking behind him at him and smiling before saying, "Whoa there Jace, I can't help pass out presents if your on me."  He had already adjusted himself so I didn't fall off and hurt myself. 

    "Yes you can!"  I had my arms around his neck and my knees clinging to his sides, since I was small I couldn't wrap my legs around him to help me stay up.  "Giddy up doggy!"  I giggled saying this before squeeling and laughing as he dragged me around to his front and tickling me.   "Nooo!  Stoooop that!"  I heard everyone laughing, but I don't know if it was with me or at me.  "Draake! Stop it!!"

    "Ok ok!"  He said breathlessly, since he too was laughing at me. I was angry at him for tickling me so much but soon after this hit me I started giggling.  His laughter was contagious, what can I say. "So are you ready for your presents?" He said, grinning like he knew something I didn't. Squealing for joy and excitement, I lept off Drake running to my side of the room with my presents before giggling as everyone in the room was rubbing their ears or shaking their heads, but stil laughing.

    "Opps, sorry" I said sheepishly as I looked at the floor.  My squealing and screams are really high pitched, or so I'm told, and I wasn't aloud to do it indoors or near anyones ears, but I guess I forgot in my excitement.

    "Its fine love, atleast you know what you did and you appologized.  Just remember not to do it again, ok?"  I looked at my father as he said this and nodded, unable to keep the smile and hyperness out of me for very long, as I was jumping up and down in place, clapping my hands like the kid I am. 

    "Yes papa, can I open my presents now?"  As soon as he nodded I immediately grabbed the closest one.  It was wrapped in a purple smarkling wrapping paper with a gold bow on the top.  The gift was very tiny, a box that was two by two by two inches.  Openning it, I didn't spare the wrappings a glance, but I did put the gold bow on top of my head, giggling still.  Opening the box, what I saw made me gasp and forget my promise not to squeal again because inside was a silver ring that had the carving of a wolf head on either side of the golden yellow stone. One wolf looked like he was howling, the other looked sad and had tiny diamonds in some places where they looked like stars. 

    "I think she likes my gift dad" Drake said chuckling while removing his hands from his ears.  I set the gift down before again launching myself into Drake and hugging him as tight as I could while yelling thank yous over and over again.  I think everyone knew I would squeal or something because they were all taking their hands from their ears.  Laughing, Drake wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back.  "Your welcome Jacinda."

    "I think so too son" my father said while chuckling.  Looking over at him, I saw he was holding up a smaller box.  "I think your going to need this though."  Releasing Drake, I ran over and started opening the box to see a silver necklace.  Before I could ask what it was for, my father took the necklace and the ring before walking behind me.  "It's for the ring.  Your fingers are to tiny for it, so I found a way for you to always wear it without losing it." 

    "Ohhhh."  I dragged out the word as I understood.  I felt the ring drop below my collarbone before picking it up and looking at it, having to cross my eyes to do so.  Hearing laughter I look over at Shawn and frown at him.  "Whats so funny?"

    Laughing still it was a good few seconds before he was able to tell me.  "You!  Your eyes went crosseyed and your face had a weird expression, it was just to funny!"  Pouting at him, I didn't think, just raced over at him.  I was kind of mad that he laughed at me, but that soon changed to happiness when I jumped into him, making him lose his balance causing me to land on his chest. Payback!

    Giggling, I said, "No laughing at me!! Thats not nice!"  I sat in his chest and started bouncing a little bit, making him lose his breath a few times. 

    "Off off off!"  Shawn started to tickle me as he said this and I went, once again, in squeals and fits of laughter.  This is why I love Christmas time, its make people happy and brings us together.  My brothers are always at school or training; I missed them. 

    "Stop stop stop!! Shawn stooop itt!!" I said laughing and fighting my way free.  "Mommy!! Help me!"

    "Shawn thats enough now.  We have plenty of time to tickle her more, only two presents opened and shes already been attacked twice now."  My mothers voice as abit off, I guess she was fighting the laughter as well, but she always came to my rescue.

    "Yes mother"  he said while he stopped tickling me.  He was grinning and breathing fine, me on the other hand, I was breathing hard and fast and ragged while I also had tears in my eyes from being tickled so much.  I really hate being ticklish because of this.  They always use it against me.

    The day went on like that, everyone opening presents, laughing and havin a good time.  My brothers and I even went outside in the snow and made a snow man!  Ok well, they really made it but I did help before I ditched them and made snow angels.  When we came back inside, the fire was going and the food was on the table.

    "Drake, Shawn, you boys go wash up for dinner while I help Jacinda with her snow gear" my mother said while she kneeled down and started to take stuff off.  Kissing me on the forhead when she was done, she told me to go wash up as well.  My cheeks were all rosey and there was a sparkle in my eyes after having so much fun.  I giggled when my stomach rummbled at me before running down the hall and to the bathroom.  Dragging the step stool in place, I washed my hands with probably more soap then I needed, but hey, I'm a kid and I liked playing with the bubbles.  Don't tell me you never tried or did that before.  Leaping off the step stool, I pushed it back into place before turning and running into someone very tall. 

    "Opps, sorry da-" I stopped saying sorry when I realized this man wasn't my father and quickly backed up before screaming, "Mommy!! Daddy!!"  I screamed even more when the man lunged at me and wrapped his gloved hand around my mouth, but his glove smelled weird.  The last thing I heard were gun shots and screaming before I blacked out.

Hey guys, this is my first werewolf story and I wanted to give it a shot before I tried out another one.  Let me know what you think!  Picture of Jacinda on the side!  Please:

Comment!!

Vote!!

Fan!!