French Class

The late bell echoed through the now empty halls of my high school. Me and Tara tore down the hallway to our first period, French Class. We burst into the class room panting and trying to explain that we were late because my pet baby snake found it's way into my car. "Désolé, nous sommes en retard! Il y avait un serpent dans ma voiture et-" I began telling my teacher. He stopped me and excused me to my seat. Me and Tara speak perfect French already, so this class is just an easy one.

"Free day, journée libre." My french teacher, Mr. Patterson, announced to the class. "Oh and we have a new student. Everyone meet Shawn." "Bonjour Shawn." The class answered. Mr Patterson continued. "I need someone to show him around campus." Tara tackled me to the floor yanking my hand in the air and flapping it around while yelling "Amanda will!!!!!!"

"Ah, thank you for being so kind Amanda." Mr Patterson said with a small grin. I glared at him then at Tara who still had my arm raised. Her grin dropped when Shawn walked over to our table. He had dark brown eyes and slightly curly blond hair tucked perfectly under a black beanie. He was about six feet tall. I stood up, pushing Tara off me and into the floor. She gaped open mouthed up at us. I shook his hand and introduced myself. "I'm Amanda," I said and looked down at Tara still sitting on the floor, "And this Dunce is Tara." He chuckled slightly and replied with a smooth deep voice, "Well I'm Shawn. Nice to meet you Amanda... And dunce." He grinned slightly. "That was so funny I forgot to laugh." Tara said standing up.

Mr Patterson chortled and briefly looked up from his novel. Tara death glared him. He looked ashamedly back down at his page. We sat down at our table. Shawn looked uncomfortable so I asked him how much French he spoke. He grinned and whispered, "Fluently." Me and Tara smiled and said at the same time "Us too!" then we glared at each other. "Uh... Does that happen often?" Shawn asked looking back and forth at us. We answered at the same time again, "Sometimes but not always." I rolled my eyes and glared back at Tara. "That's creepy." Shawn said, raising an eyebrow. We just nodded our heads and took our phones out. Shawn took his out too and we all swapped numbers. We started texting each other even though we could reach out and smack each other upside the head. We would occasionally giggle and look at each other.

The bell rang and we all jumped up. Shawn grabbed my hand which made me jump and spin around. "How about you show me around at lunch?" He asked, leaning on the door frame. I blushed slightly as I answered. "Sure, sounds like a plan." "Great, see you then." He said, walking off. "I like him already." I thought to myself as I walked to second period English.