Prolouge

What do I love most about my family, were rich, what do I hate most about my family, were rich.

My name is Alyssa I'm seventeen years old, I live in a small town. Our house is on the outskirts and it's a mansion. Of course were the richest people in our community, and I hate it. We don't act like snobs, well I don't, be we get treated like one. I'm more of a loner, friends tend to be intimidated by me, because of the money.

My family is never around. I am an only child, you would think that because of that they would spend a lot of time with me. I'm over it though, it used to bother me when I was little, if I had a nightmare or something.

I grew up hearing about my mom and dads company, its how they earned there riches. No one ever told me what their company actually did though. They travel a lot, they each have there own personal assistants. All of my extended family work for their company.

Even though there never here they make me do lots of different activities after school. My favourite is fencing and defence classes. When I'm doing those I like to pretend i'm some kind of heroine, you know slaying a dragon or fighting off a pack of werewolves. My instructor says I have an active imagination, personally I think its called fun.

Its my eighteenth birthday next week, since I don't have many friends I wont be having a party. My parents though, they said they have a surprise for me. There actually coming home! They said they want to take me somewhere special, they want to tell me about there company. Bah like I care about stuffy old business, I want fun, I want adventure, most of all I want excitement.

Little did I know thats what I was about to get.