a place to call home

Running with a force I never felt before, I passed the lighted street that leads to the center of the city.
I wanted so bad to look behind me and see if I lost them but the quick sound of their boots hitting the ground was all I needed to keep me running.
I knew that if I slowed down it would be over for me. I imagined their hands on me and their sick smirks...I shuddered, not happening.
I saw the lights of the city fading as I ran into a dark alley. I knew in that moment that I wouldn't last long.
With my heart bitting wildly in my chest I finally saw my blessed hidding spot. Probably, if you were me, you would have think twice before jumping into that dumpster but for me it took less than a second to decide.
Right then, I prayed to have enough strength left in my body to reach to it and pull myself inside before my followers take their turns into this street , of course.
With my trembling hands I opened the lid and jumped in , pulling the cover back on .
Seconds later I heard their voices:
"Where did she go?"
"She couldn't get to far, she was right in front of us." The second voice said.
"She's a witch, she disappeared into thin air and..."
Yes, I wish I was. That would be very useful at the moment. I thought.
"And Blade won't be happy that we lost her again, he seems obsessed with this chick." the second voice finished the sentence.
I knew this name, of course I knew. No, I never met him but he was a dangerous man among the important men running this city. My runs in with his men helped me understand that for some reason he is eager to put his hands on me. I wasn't surprised, I mean my brother is the first one on his "wanted" list after all and I was his only family.
The silent that followed pulled me out from my thoughts and the awful smell reminded me were I was.
No voices or movement could be heard. That could mean two things: that the beasts left or it was a trap.
I decided to wait a few more minutes...To make sure I would make it out alive.
Twenty minutes later I was making my way out of the creepy street, walking more in the shadow and avoided the lights. With my hoodie on and my frozen hands in my pocket I kept my attention alert.
I had to get back to my "dorm". It was funny, I know. Trying to go back there but what a better place to hide other than under their nose?
It was no safe for me on the streets but where I was heading now has my safety place. The place I called " mine " even if it was just " borrowed" for the nights.
In one night, two months ago, wandering around the London city and looking for a bench to sleep on, I found this place.
The open window was so inviting...
I tried to ignore it saying it's a property and it's not safe, but the heavy rain pouring down my back made me take the silent invitation.
I climbed inside and pulled the window close to keep the cold outside.
Turning around my eyes landed on the rows filled with books. The dusty smell filling the air was comforting to me. A public library, not my favorite place to spend my time but a wonderful place to sleep at night.
I raised my head and the place described came into view. Now, this place felt like home, with a mattress and a few covers to keep me warm at night.
The window was open as always. I climbed inside. Pulling my mattress from its hidden place I put it on the floor.
My body fell exhausted under the blankets. I couldn't feel the cold anymore...My last thought being : " to bad that I have to leave this place in the morning".