Life Is War [ Death Note Fanfic]

Everyone looked at the new comer. "He's like another version of B..." Mello whispered, Matt could only shudder at the thought, one was enough. Roger had told the kids the previous night that there would be a new orphan here at Whammy's. None of them knew if it was a boy or a girl nor what they looked like. He said the kid was already here although that they would have to meet them the next morning.

And that's where we are now. In front of all the kids in Whammy's stood a boy, Messy black hair, half lidded eyes which were a wonderful blue, freckles dusted across his cheeks and a small smile graced his lips. He was rather tall and had a large baggy blue sweater and black jeans along with some cadet boots. "Uh, I'm Zion." he said, Mello could only raise his eyebrow at how his voice sounded a bit feminine. People murmurs and nodded before walking away leaving the boy awkward and alone. Near inspected the boy, he did this to nearly every member of whammy's, old or new. Near's mind looked at the boy who looked a few years older than he, around Mello's age or possibly B's age. His Jumper was a bit big for Zion but maybe because of his tall figure. His eyes looked like he hadn't slept in ages as his eyes were half lidded, or maybe because he had a lazy stare. His legs were long and thin, almost like a girl's but Near couldn't tell because his jeans were too baggy. His posture wasn't slouched; he stood tall and straight although his hands were in his trouser pockets. Near's eye wandered to that explosion of hair on top of his head. His hair was spiky and floppy. He was strange indeed, it was a first he had seen a child at Whammy's with a Z. Of course all the other letters started with every other letter except from Z and X. Near also detected Asian looks from him too, half Korean and half British. 

"Zion... What a strange alias." He murmured.

____ 

"So! Zion! What's your specialty?" Linda grinned as she plopped herself down next to him in the mess hall, "M-My Specialty?" He stuttered shuffling away from the girl who didn't seem to know anything about personnel space. "Yeah! Everyone has a specialty, something you excel at, the reason why you're here silly!" She giggled, "Well, I'm here on a whole different reason-" He explained before he got cut off by Linda yet again, "My specialty is art! But of course like everyone else here at Whammy's we are geniuses, so we do know more than the average kid." She ranted, soon enough some more of Linda's friends joined the table and leaned in to hear Zion’s specialty. "Uh, Well. My specialty is Science." He smiled, "Ooh! What type of science!!!?” Linda grinned, "All typed really, Physics, Biology, chemistry, atomy, all sorts. But I Excel in Forensics and Chemistry." He said. "Oh! So like mixing chemicals and dead bodies n' stuff." some other boy said on the table. "Uh, something like that." Zion, answered back nervously. "Hey! You could be the next X instead of L!" Linda exclaimed loudly. Zion’s eyes widened but asked, "X? Isn't there just L?"

"Well..." Linda began, but a few moans went around, "oh great, now she won’t shut up..." Mello grumbled on the other table. "Ehem! As I was saying. X is L's right hand man, like best buddies, X is like L but X does things like going to crime scenes and checking out the bodies to see how they died and stuff. X also does L's dirty work or something like that." She said. Before she was going to continue, Roger's voice called out. "ZION?"

"I got to go..." Zion smiled and left to see what Roger needed.

"Ahhh...." All the girls on the table sighed in love as Zion sent them a smile before leaving, "Isn't he just wonderful!!" Linda squealed while a few other girls giggled, "It’s not fair! How come you get to know all the good guys first?" Marcy, Linda's best friend whined. "Please, I don't anything great in that guy, If he doesn't interfere with my plans to overcome Near then I'm cool with him" Mello said casually munching on yet another chocolate bar while Matt just nodded before playing on his hand held game.

[Yes I know I’m using Soul Eater Evans as the face for Zion. So the pic on the side is what Zion looks like, except Zion has black hair... and a blue neon strip... and blue eyes...and doesn't smoke anything, at least I think that in the pic soul is smoking anything... I hope not!! Anyways, I found this pic on the net and Soul looked a bit feminine there and I thought... BINGO!!! SO....YEAH!!!]