Chapter One

Grover

Percy had been doing really well since he's gotten back. He says he gets nightmares, but that's it.

That worked out real well until the gods showed up. Wanting a favor out of him.

Mind you, they're not alone. There were a few of us. Including Jason and Leo. Most summer campers had gone home already. Clarisse was still here. Annabeth went home right away. Percy was forced to stay, he can't call his parents or get in contact with them yet. That kind of pissed him off.

Nico was here, too. I don't know, but somebody convinced him to stick around for a first.

"Hey, Percy," they figured that if they sent his dad in first, it'd work.

They were wrong.

"Fuck off."

Everyone did a double take. Because none of us have heard Percy say those words before. On top of that, to a god. A god that was also his father.

"Excuse me?" Poseidon didn't take that lightly. "You're a demigod, you—"

"Who said you have the right?" Percy was done staying quiet, and it was like a switch that I've seen leader after after go through. When they hit their limit. Most leaders just resign, though.

But Percy was like Luke. And Luke wasn't quiet. He said what he thought and that was that. You couldn't change that.

He had turned into Luke. Somebody had to take that spot, right? Now that he's dead.

"I'm sorry," Poseidon looked like he was going to beat his only half human child. "Would you like to apologise for that now or later?"

"Oh, and what are you going to do?" Percy mocked his dad, and we all just sat there, staring at him because he's a dumbass. This would get him killed if he wasn't Perseus Jackson. "Beat me? Try. I doubt you'll get very far. You never cared for my well being in the first place, why should you start?"

Dead. Fucking. Silence.

"You're a fucking disgrace."

"Fine with me. It's not like I was coming back anyways."

And that was that. Poseidon left. Most others had left due to the tension and not wanting to deal with a fight.

He went for a walk. Knowing better, I didn't follow him. Rather, Nico did.

Nico

That was... Unexpected if you want to drop a bag of sugar on it.

It was unlike Percy to do anything like that to anyone. I've never heard him swear before. I don't think he's ever spoken badly about the gods.

So that was....

He said he isn't coming back next summer.

That made my heart sink. I was kind of hoping that we could be friends. I never told him about being gay or anything. But Tartarus messed him up, maybe I could help. I went through it, too.

Sure, I still liked him. But if he was straight, I can learn to get over it. If we could just talk again without screaming at each other, that'd be great. I miss that. Having a friend that I could trust with anything.

"What are you doing back here?" I asked the son of Poseidon as he ended up back by the stream. He seemed to like this place. I've seen him a few times here. Not like stalking him. I just go on walks a lot and I have a route and he's there every so often. Just sitting. Sometimes he'll have something with to do.

He shrugged, and asked me what I was doing.

"I was just uh... I was on a walk." It wasn't a complete lie. "Saw you here. Yeah. I mean, I've seen you here before when I'm walking around. But you... You aren't coming back."