Prologue

Copyright © 2014 XOXOpixie

Prologue

        There was once a hollow girl who always ran away from everything. She ran and ran and ran, until one rainy night, she came across a man with a vodka bottle in his hand, standing on the edge of a bridge...

"Do you want to die?" she asked.

Her presence startled him. A lone girl under an umbrella in the dark of the rainy night, simply standing and staring at him. Actually, rather than her presence, it was the lack of emotion in her voice that startled him the most. A haunting but melodious sound, hardly audible due to the shhh of the rain.

The man shook his head in reply, so as to not scare the girl with miserable talk of death. The nearby streetlamps shone dimly upon the white umbrella which obscured her face. He wondered for a second about the usefulness of the umbrella if the diagonally pouring rain would drench her anyhow, making her wet dress stick to her small figure. Snapping out of the shallow concern he sometimes feels for people, he turned his attention back to the black depths of the tumultous waves which seemed to personify the raging thoughts within him. His dropping body temperature was beginning to be reason enough for the dark waves to seem inviting.

"Can I help?"

He shook his head again.

"I don't really agree with suicide, but if it's what you really want, I will help."

The drunk man kept shaking his head under the harsh rain, not really registering any of her words, as he stared at the water droplets beating down on the turbulent surface of the river welcoming them one after the other. He wondered whether the river would swallow him up as though he was just another drop of water. If only she would just leave him alone so that he may take the step forward without this prickle in his consience of mentally scarring a little girl for life. He had especially come out for this at this time of night so that nobody would waver his resolution.

"Please hear me out.

I just want to see if this will teach me how to feel again. And since you seem to want to die anyhow,

will you please let me kill you?"

***

A/N: 

And if you liked if ;) Vote by pressing that little star to your right *thumbs up* and leave a Comment to tell me your thought *brilliant smile*

And? Did I sound like a conestant in a talent show? Yes? No? Oh well.