Prologue

At the risk of sounding cliché, I'm going to describe my life in just two words; nothing special. It always starts that way in books, right? An average, or even less than average person, finds him or herself living one of the greatest stories in today's literature, although it doesn't always seem that way to them. Who would have thought that a scrawny kid with round glasses would turn out to be a very famous wizard? Or that a girl from the poorest region of the country would end up causing a revolution and changing everyone's fate?

It all seems to have been downgraded and then brought up on a pedestal of awesomeness. But the point of it all is to bring hope that even average folk might have adventure and excitement in their life. Take me for example. There's nothing special about the way I look. I'm not all that friendly nor am I pessimistic. I'm not the joking type (unless you consider occasional sarcasm to be funny) and I can't act badass to save my own life, no matter how hard I actually tried, which I did.

I was someone who had a weird name, liked to keep to herself and kept everyone out, sometimes to the point of rudeness, but it was never uncalled for. I wasn't a straight up loser or weirdo, not even by social standards, and especially not by my own, but my history did make me quite the unfriendly loner. A few months ago, I had no friends, no family, nothing to look forward to. There was always a gaping hole and a feeling of non-belonging in place of everything. Nothing interesting ever happened to me.

Until now.

Now, my life is a never-ending roller-coaster. Every day I get up not knowing what's going to happen, or how I'm going to wake up tomorrow. But even when things did start to change, it wasn’t because I was. It turns out you’re not always the center of the adventure you’re looking for; someone else could be the hero.

God knows I’m not the hero of my own story, at least not the first part of it. The first part is about him, and how he came to be in my life.If you have even the remotest interest to know my story, you have to hear his first, so just sit back, listen carefully, and keep in mind that things aren’t always what they seem.

My name is Cody Lian, and my entire life changed in the summer I was 16.

~!@#$%^&*()_+

Hello people of Earth!

So this is my new book. I should start posting it when Masked SheWolf is over, which it almost is. Updates will be regular, since I've already written it all, about every 3-4 days; I'll let you know at the end of each chapter when the next one will be.

I really hope you'll like it! I've worked very hard on it. :)

I love you! ♥♥