Chapter Twenty-One

My breathing hitches slightly when I see him in the hallway. He is just opening his door, walking out. I change my glance quickly and head towards the elevator as quickly as possible.

The elevator doors slide open and I slip inside. I'm startled when Leven walks in right after me.

I know she didn't do anything, or know about anything between Xander and I, but I can't bring myself to look at her.

Xander. My thoughts go back to him. He's the only thing that has been on my thoughts since last night. After I just told him to go away, I slammed the door in his face and went to bed. He might have still been outside the door. He could have been there all night and I wouldn't have known.

I feel uneasy at the thought of seeing him. Everything just feels so wrong. We weren't even a couple, yet I feel like I've been cheated on. It's the worst feeling imaginable.

I swallow hard and concentrate on the flashing numbers as the elevator descends. Floor by floor, we climb down.

"Is everything alright?" I hear Leven's voice.

I bring myself to look at her. Her blond hair is curled back and sweeping over her shoulder. Her dress is absolutely gorgeous.

I nod, and look back at the floor. I take a deep sigh and try to calm down. Everything will be alright. If I don't want to talk to Alexander, I don't have to. But I can't help seeing him...

"It's the premiere." Leven tells me. "You can't be upset for the premiere."

"I'm not upset." I reply quickly. I lied, though. And she seems to know this, even though she has no idea what has happened.

We reach the lobby and I quickly rush out of the elevator. The end of my dress sweeps across the ground, but I pick it up and keep walking.

There are fans and flashing cameras outside the hotel, but I blow them off and walk outside. I get in the nearest vehicle and let them drive me to the premiere.

The whole way, traffic is terrible. There must be tons of people coming to this.

When we arrive, people come to help me out of the car and I am led over to the red carpet. I have to pose for several camera pictures. I wave over to Jennifer and Josh, taking pictures together.

I also see Amandla, Dayo, and Jack taking pictures together. I suck in a deep breath and walk over to them.

"Hey." I say as I walk up.

"Hi!" Amandla says. "You look so great!"

I bend down to hug her. "Thank you."

Jack whistles jokingly and I laugh at him. He and Dayo both look formal in their black suits and ties.

I see another car pull up at the end of the carpet, Leven and Jackie stepping out of it. I know that he will be arriving any minute now. He was leaving just as I was.

Dayo puts his arm around me and we walk down the red carpet, taking pictures together as well as with Amandla and Jack. We walk down until we are in a huge screening area.

There are reserved seats up near the front of the stage, and we go to take our seats. I take a seat in between Amandla and Josh. Everything should be starting in about twenty minutes.

I'm listening to one of Jack's jokes when I see him walk up. He looks amazing in a near matching suit as Jack and Dayo. He smiles when he walks up to everyone, shaking hands and laughing.

His eyes barely catch mine before fluttering away. In them, I saw just a slight hint of pain.

More people file into the large screening area. The screen cuts on, showing the mockingjay pin.

Snapshot (Alexbelle)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें