Chapter 19: First Impressions

The two men stumbled out of of the carriage from opposite ends. Anthony dazedly rested his head against the cold metal of the exterior of the cart. "That was the worse ride of my life..." Anthony complained. He breathed heavily down the lacker; his breath puffed up like light smoke in the cold fall air. His insides may be colder than a human but they air outside wasn't warmer than him. The vampire felt like passing out in that second.

"It wasn't that terrible. It just seems that way because it was your first ride with Katora," said Beaumont. He started to fan himself with the door, blowing the frozen air towards him.

Katora popped her head out of the vehicle from Beaumont's side to defended herself. She said "Don't bad mouth me. This ride was just really hot and long. That is not my problem." She got out of the carriage with Gomez attached to her back. He ventured up to her shoulders like a parrot.

"The heat or length isn't what bothered me." Anthony said, opening his door to face Katora through the cart. He wanted her to see his anger. "You threw up on me!"

"I asked you to roll down the window and you didn't." She rolled her eyes and slammed her door, trying to end the conversation.

He shut his too, and walked around to the other side. "You're just lucky I always bring a spare outfit in my tracker trunk. This one doesn't match the season though... The color is too bright for autumn wear," Anthony started mumbling to himself. Katora and Nicholai however ignored him.

"Katora... The windows don't go down. I told you that already," Beaumont said, looking down to her with question.

"Why don't any of them roll down? The last one I was in didn't go down either."

"None of them roll down," Peterson interjected. "These are old carriages." He rubbed his hand along his part of the carriage, proud that he has been able to keep these looking so new and in shape over all the years he had been here. He looked over his shoulders to check that the doors were shut and no one was leaning on the cart. "Mr. Beaumont, I'll go to park in the back now." He drove the carriage away from the group. It disappeared from their sight when he turn around the corner.

"Let's just go inside already and forget the vomit," Nicholai said. He grabbed Katora's arm and intertwined them. He started walking forward but Katora stood still in place.

"Why are you touching me?" She pulled her arm loose and hit his arm, smacking him away.

"Can't we just act like a happy couple?" He didn't want to make an awkward impression with them.

"I'd rather die." She turned her back to him and grunted in angst. Gomez hopped off her. His master was moving too much for a comfortable ride.

"You're annoyingly stubborn. We both escort you." Beaumont gestured to his brother to help him 'escort' her. They were very forceful, literally dragging her up the stairs. She tried to stand straight like a wall, not wanting to budge for she was very stubborn. The boys were much stronger of course. Eventually, she gave up and cooperated when they got to the door.
The greeter looked human to Katora. He took them to the parlor to wait for the Liddells. He exited to room to alert them that they have arrived. "I find it rude that we have to wait for them. They should be down here ready for us," Katora grunted. She laid back in the one seater. Ooh this is a nice chair.

"It's not rude. Thats why they have a porter. Most people do that," Anthony replied.

The heads of the house appeared from the stair way soon. The male, Angus, shook Beaumont's hand excessively. "It's been too long," Mr. Liddell said. The talking brought over Katora's attention. She didn't realize the two of them were in the room. She was obsessive over the chair, laying across it in an undignified manor. She rocked her head back to get a view of them from her upside down state. She saw their legs. Katora held her breathe to hold in her tiny screams and shrieks. They're so hairy!

The arachne had the the torso of a human and the abdomen of a spider. You couldn't tell how the human parts met the spider parts. They both were finely dressed, besides the fact they had no pants. It would be too much of a trouble to make eight legged trousers. Fortunately, it wasn't considered obscene for their type to go around bottomless for they had hair covering most of them. Angus, the black spider, had two brown stripes on all of his legs save the last left leg. Elise was brown with opaque black dots speckled all over her spider parts.

It shocked the red head so much that she fell off her chair, drawing their attention to her. She looked up to them as the appeared to gloomy over her. She wanted to run out of the room.

"Oh dear, are you okay?" Mrs. Liddell put out her hand to help her up.

Katora got up on her own. Her back and hair were stiffened with fear. She faced towards them and looked through Elise. She didn't look at her but through her. "I'm fine!" Katora said through her teeth. The scared girl had a creepy ear to ear grin like a Cheshire Cat. She was petrified.

Anthony noticed her discomfort and had to try to save her. He put his arm over her and rested his hand on her shoulder. "Uhh, this is Katora. She is Nicholas's wife."

She snapped back to normal with the thought of being Ms. Katora Beaumont. Gross. "Not quite yet," she said, trying not to sound rude in her tone of voice.

Nicholai saw his fiancée floundering. He turned to Mr. Liddell and asked him a question. "Angus, can Katora use your bathroom?" The thought of Katora screwing this up filled him with fear. Usually, Anton would be the one to screw everything up. Actually, it may be refreshing for a Katorian fuck up. No... I need to help her. He spun back to Katora with and obvious worried and panicked look in his eyes. "You would probably want to freshen up from the long ride." This was his signal to let her escape and calm herself.

Understanding the sign, Anthony tried to assist by encouraged her to go. "Yeah you should probably brush your teeth. You smell like barf."

Yep... Anthony ruined it.