Scream for Him Contest Entry

Written by dragongeek1

*Note: This creeped me out even as I wrote it. And especially when I read it over. Any other fans... you be warned.*

My beloved Kim,

It intrigues me. It eludes me. How could you know of my... relationship with Miss Cieres?

Well, I shouldn't be so surprised. You are, quite honestly, very clever.

But I'm much more clever than you are. You've seen how I handle the police and the FBI, and that's just a taste. I've led you to believe that Miss Cierces was my grand prize, my ultimate goal.

I'm using her to get to you.

Wipe that shock off of your face. What did you expect? Writing about me, about Miss Cieres? I would inevitably have found you. You've gotten my e-mails. I know you have. And you've felt me watching. Yes, I watch you and your husband and even your little darling children. I would say that I'm sorry to rob them of their mother... but I want you too much.

You see, Miss Cieres was just a side dish, much like the random bar girl, to quench my appetite. For years... years... I've imagined the color of your blood on my floor. The whites of your eyes as you stare in horror. Even the glint of the knife as it gently pets your skin, how it reflects the blood and the freckles and the moles. I'll be slow, I promise, you don't have to worry about that. I want to take in everything about you. You are, quite honestly, fascinating.

Don't try to rationalize this as just a random letter to scare you, Kim. I have my reasons for telling you almost everything. You see, one of the best parts about this whole thing is the fear. I can smell it on you. It makes the chase... bearable. Watching you glance behind your shoulder, only to see nothing but your own shadow. Perhaps that's where I'm hiding. Perhaps you're only afraid of the shadow, not me. Who knows. And letters... can inflict more fear than a shadow. Because you know they're real. Not just the light.

I believe that people often think horror writers must be very messed up in the head, but I believe differently. I believe that they see the real dangers of the world, the real things out there, the real horrors of life.

I am, quite honestly, your worst horror story.

The Master