Invincible Chapter 1

***Before you start reading, this not NOT the second book in the series! Book 2 is called INTANGIBLE. It has been published and is no longer available on Wattpad. NO I will not be republishing it on Wattpad. If you want to read Intangible and cannot purchase a copy, you MUST review Invisible, COMMENT on my message board with the link, and my lovely assisstant Sneha will send you a gift code for Intangible. Thank you!***

Invincible

The Aerling Series Book 3

1: Home

(Mason)

How is it possible that the fate of an entire world is in my hands? I just agreed to leave what is supposed to be my home and return to Earth, where I will be hunted by every Sentinel on the planet. I look over at Olivia and my chest tightens. It’s not just me going back. She’s coming too, willingly walking into the kind of danger that has nearly claimed her life three times already.

I stare out at the crowd of Aerlings, all of whom are staring back at Olivia and me. Fear and anticipation bleed out of them. Their world is collapsing. They believe I can fix it.

Can I?

Cedrick, the leader of the Aerlings, steps forward and says, “Mason, I know this is a lot to take in, but there isn’t much time. You and Olivia need to prepare to leave right away. We must hurry.”

He starts trying to bustle us off somewhere, but I yank my arms away roughly. “Wait …” I shake my head, dislodging sticky thoughts and fear alike. “You said the bridge between the worlds wasn’t going to collapse immediately.”

“No, but we have no way of knowing how long it will take you to reach the Mother and repair the damage to the bridge.” Cedrick’s anxiety is evident in every harried movement, but I’m not leaving without a few answers.

Squaring up my shoulders, I’m surprised when my power jumps immediately to my aide. I’m not the only one who notices the sudden influx of air gathering around me as if I’m readying myself for a fight. The Aerlings surrounding us stare wide-eyed, some even taking a step back. Olivia turns to look over at me, but she doesn’t seem scared, only curious.

I’m not entirely sure what to make of this, so I try to ignore it for the time being. Answers first. Turning to Cedrick, I say, “Before we leave, we need to know what we’re walking into. I need a few answers before we go diving head first into a fight I have no idea whether or not I can win.”

“Mason, don’t you understand what you are?” Cedrick asks.

I just stare at him, not sure what he’s talking about. “An Aerling, uh… god?” When Cedrick’s eyebrows furrow in confusion, I stumble over my next response. “That’s, uh, what the Caretakers called me, anyway. They made up their own classes, so maybe….” My eyes dart around the troubled eyes staring at me. “Were they wrong?”

Cedrick shakes his head. “They have forgotten so much,” he says, frustration and sadness tainting his words. He looks back with a serious expression that worries me. “While you do hold tremendous power, you are not a god. You are a Warden. Your purpose is to protect our world from the Sentinels. You are one of the few able to kill them. We have not seen a true Warden in centuries. Your birth was a beacon of hope to every Aerling here that the war with the Sentinels would soon come to an end.”

“Wait, what?” Olivia interrupts. “You all expect Mason to take down the entire Sentinel army? By himself?” She turns, taking in all the eager faces watching us. “Are you all crazy?”