State

Chapter 1:

I wandered my eyes over the headmasters pristine office, I felt unnerved, scared shitless. This was unknown territory for me, I had always been classified as a 'good girl' or just simply invisible to many of the pupils at North Dale Secondary.

Immediately as I had stumbled into his office head down I could see genuine shock etched on his face, I subtly studied Mr Lawrence, the dark circles under his eyes was an indication of the many years lack of sleep he has endured, deep wrinkles embedded in the creases of his eyes and his receding hair line was obviously signalling Mr Lawrence's old age. To my right was Chelsea, the bitch I used to call my 'only friend' around 15 minutes ago even though she was never really my friend and probably just felt like she had to as she was the only person who knew what happened last year.

Her elegant manicured fingers were gently placed on her lap whilst the bright sun beamed a ray of light on her expertly layered blonde hair. Her hazel eyes, plum lips and dainty nose had boys dropping to her feet, whilst Chelsea was soaking up the attention in the corridors I was lightly plodding along whilst admiring the sudden authority Chelsea had on the whole school.

Two months ago I had an unexpected 6 month break from school and during that time my life has changed. I had learnt to be more bold since what had happened and even though it was difficult for me and I never want to be in the position I was in again.

As I glanced over to Chelsea she had a scowl plastered on her flawless face but with the many years of being Chelsea's friend I could see that her brain was ticking with ways to destroy the little dignity I had left from today's 'show' in the cafeteria.

I suddenly turned to Mr Lawrence when his fists loudly smashed against his oak desk. I winced due to the unpredictability of his action which made my heart beat uncontrollably.

"WHAT IS YOUR GIRLS PROBLEM?" his voice boomed.

I was about to respond until Chelsea's faked broken voice sounded

"Shhh-eee attackedd mee" My head shot to the side, my jaw almost on the floor. Her acting was pretty convincing but I out of anybody knew she was faking it.

A surge of confidence pulsated through me "WHAT IN GODS NAME ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? HAS THE HAIR DYE SERIOUSLY MADE YOU THAT STUPID? YOU DELUSIONAL FUCKTARD"

As soon as those words had exploded from my mouth a wave of faked sobs erupted to my right and from the corner of my eye I could see Mr Lawrence progressively get redder and redder. I silently counted down till he would explode '3...2...1...'

"THAT IS ENOUGH" he boomed.

Though i knew that his outburst was coming I had never seen him this ferociously angry before. I had never been told off by the headmaster but I had numerously seen him dragging pupils to his office and occasionally there would be a scene in the hallways with him and the so called 'populars and want-to-be bad boys' once a term.

After around 3 minutes of hearing his irritating voice and the seeing the small sinister smirks from Chelsea, my eyes and brain and slowed down, my blurred gaze was on the principles world globe which was placed on a large filing cabinet behind him. His mouth was constantly moving up and down but at this moment of time my brain could not comprehend of what he was saying.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME MISS CLARKE?"

"UH YES? YES I WAS" My head awkwardly dropped down to look at my lap and rather interesting twiddling hands.

"Look Mr Lawrence, I don't mean to be disrespectful but, um, you see for the last two years have been quite difficult for me but with Chelsea's plotting and deceitful nature for all the years I have been so called 'friends' with her I have just had enough and today was the first day I have really stood up for myself. But, um, sir I understand that what I did wasn't correct but if you were in my position you would want to bloody wreck that bitch, which I didn't. So yeah, hah" I could hear a slight grunt every time I cursed. God why was I so awkward and had to ramble when I was uncomfortable.