Chapter 1

Do you ever had the feeling of a déjà-vu or a dream you had multiple times?
She had and it scared her.
Slowly she opened her eyes. Her pupils expanded and contracted at the time she saw the light through the white curtains. Her bed stood under the window next to her wooden wardrobe. Pictures and drawings were pinned to the wood. The room was small but enough for her. She got up from her comfortable position. She sat on her bed and looked across the room. Next to the door hung a mirror where she saw her sleepy reflection. She walked over to the mirror and looked at it. Her brown hair was acomplete mess. Across her face were creases from the pillow. The girl turned around and took her phone from the metal desk. She turned it on and sighed. It was half past eight nearly time for breakfast. She ignored the three messages she had and laid her phone back on the desk. She didn't felt very well. Her thoughts in her mind focused on that dream. The dream she had every night, every time she slept. Somehow she felt uncomfortable inside her own skin like she didn't belong here. She always wanted to cry about it, but she can't.
"Isabella!" A female voice sounded downstairs. Her mother called.
"I'm coming!", she answered and made her way out of her room and down the stairs to her left. With every step the wooden stairs made this squeaking noise that send shivers down her spine. She really disliked this kind of sound. Isabella walked into the kitchen with the blue tiling. Her mother, a woman with some strands of light gray hair and dark circles under her eyes, cut some fruits and laid it on a plate with a flower pattern.
"Sweetheart could you get the butter and the cheese out of the fridge? How was your sleep?" Isabella sighed and opened the fridge. Her mother stopped and looked at her daughter. Green eyes meet her daughters brown ones. Her face turned in to an expression of sadness. Isabella took the butter and the cheese and closed the door.
"I thought the sleep therapy would help." Her mother said. She felt helpless because she couldn't even help her own daughter to end her suffering.
"What you thought and I thought are completely different! I told you thatthis wouldn't work." Isabella put the things on the kitchen table and turned to her mother.
"Maybe it won't work because you don't believe in it. Isabella just try to believe in this one thing." Her mother went as always into that state of despair where she tried to blame others for the mistakes she made. Isabella's Anger grew with every word she said.
"I dont believe in it because those therapies are nonsense! How could someone have an effect on something just with their thoughts, hopes or prayers?" Isabella saw the things like they are. She didn't believe into something like the power of words or else. Her mother was very religious and very strong-willed. One of the many characteristics Isabella got from her. Every time they fought it would end with slamming doors. Isabella's mother turn red and gave her the most angriest stare she could.
"Could you both just stop for that day?" A dark grumpy voice sounded in the living room. The backdoor closed and heavy steps entered the kitchen. A tall man stood between both women. His black beard and black hair had some gray curls. He really was a giant but a really friendly one. His blue eyes gazed over to his wive then his daughter Isabella.
"Do you both know what time it is? I just heard you two from the garden." He said annoyed and opened his jacket.
"Why aren't you helping me Ethan?" Her mother looked blankly at him.
"Do not give me that look Susan! She is old enough to decide what's right or wrong for her. I can not and will not help you with this." The view of that scene was unbelievably hilarious. Isabella knew that her father was, next to her grandmother the only persons who could control her. Her mother stood there for some seconds and the redness disappeared from her face. She was sometimes pretty irascible. Isabella looked at her and smiled softly. She walked slowly over to her husband and daughter and sat down at the table. Isabella sat down as well and grabbed a piece of bread. Her father poured his coffee in his 'best dad' mug.
"Do you have any plans for today, Isa?" Isa was her nickname and the result of a dad joke. She shrugged with her shoulders.
"I don't know but I think I'm going for a walk with Balu." Isabella looked through the door to the living room where a big fur ball slept peacefully on the carpet. Balu was a friendly big dog with the ability of not having any type of satiety.
"At least he could sleep well." Isabella mumbled and took a bite from her jam sandwich.