Wild Moon's Breeze

Hello readers!

1. Thanks for reading the first book i have ever started.

2. I hope you like it! Vote, Comment and Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nara’s eyes swept the darkening forest.

She was a Moon Wolf. Moon Wolves were proud cunning creatures. During the day they were human with the added spice of extremely advanced senses, speed and strenght. At night they could shift into wolves as they pleased.  A truly skilled Moon Wolf was able to complete a partial shift.

She shifted partially as her skin prickled and her hair shrank to three inches standing on end. Her hazy blue-silver eyes turned white and her canines grew longer. Wolf like ears twitched out of her head and her nails became claws. She was a deadly weapon trained from the time she turned three to become what she was… the Blue Moon.

It was a title that was never achieved by any former Moon Wolf woman. Only men were tested usually but Nara was exceptional.  She had seen her parents killed by the Betrayer when she was four and had stabbed him through the heart with his own knife after he had killed her parents. Many had questioned what to do with her after that. Several had said that she should be killed but others argued that she could be useful. Now she was sixteen and could kill with a single touch if she had to. She hated death but knew that it was a part of life. She was feared, hated and revered for who and what she was. Nara’s trust was slow in coming and quick to fade.

Nara snarled as she surveyed the forest searching for the one that had disturbed her sanctuary. She saw him then sitting on the rock leaned against a tree. Her nose twitched. There was something distinctly different about his smell. Her form shifted from shadow to shadow disappearing and appearing other places. She would wait for the right moment.

Lucas watched the girl before him. He hadn’t thought that anyone was in this area. He ran his hand casually through his dirty blonde hair.  His misty green eyes studied her as she moved without moving. She was stunning even when sending out a threat. He knew that he should just leave her alone but for the life of him he couldn’t seem to be able to take his eyes of her.  It was dark and the moon was high in the sky its light sending shimmers through her white silver hair. He had not seen any caves of the Moon Wolves around. He wondered what she was doing out here. 

He listened to the sound of the river to his left as he watched her. There was something about her that screamed danger but he couldn’t tell what it was, well besides the fact she was circling him like prey. He absently drew a breeze, making the leaves twirl and dance around them. He looked at them but when he went to look at her she wasn’t there. Quick as lightening she dropped from the tree branch and held a knife to his throat. She was sitting on top of him.

Nara growled low and full of menace. She leaned forward until they were nose to nose. Her chest brushed against his open vest. She felt more then heard his heartbeat…it was steady.  “Give me a reason not to cut your throat open right here and now…” she was having trouble ignoring his good looks and his smell. His smell alone would send someone over the edge.  A sweet smell like just after a light rain shower with a hint of pine trees, it was.  She breathed through her mouth but it didn’t help. The wind seemed to circle them wrapping her in his scent. Her hair was growing slow but steadily. That alone sent waves of alarm through her.  A girl’s hair never was long unless she was either at peace, asleep… or was attracted to someone.

Lucas’s back was pressed against the tree; he lifted his chin slightly to look her more directly in the eyes. But as he did that his lips brushed against hers for the briefest of moments. His lips tingled at the contact. The knife pressed harder against his skin. As her other hand went behind his head and grabbed a fist full of his hair.  “If you don’t give me a reason soon I am going to kill you…” she tried to snarl but to her horror it came out as husky. Her lips scant an inch from his. His gaze flickered to her lips and said smugly, “It might be worth it to have your legs wrapped around me.” His hands were moving ever so subtly toward her hips.

Nara was having trouble breathing at the sound of his voice and her lips were still burning from the brief contact. He was created a pull so hard that she decided that it was a better tactic to retreat now or kill him immediately to stop the pull. “Too bad you won’t get you wish…” she whispered. Then she went to move away from, him pulling the knife away last. She gasped when he caught her legs with his hands and pulled her under him as he wrestled on top of her.

Her hands were pinned to the rock and her legs had somehow ended up wrapped around his waist and she couldn’t move them. Having him this close to her and not being able to get away was making her have difficulty breathing and when she did her chest brushed against his. She couldn’t even seem to growl but she did snap at him. She didn’t like this feeling, she loathed men. They were arrogant jerks that couldn’t handle it when a ‘little’ girl beat them up or worse yet when they stared at her with lust filled eyes.

Lucas couldn’t seem to move as her chest moved against him. Her eyes were staring straight ahead with a practiced calm but he could feel her hands trembling under him. They weren’t white anymore but instead were a gray blue. Her hair was growing slowly. She was attracted to him and she didn’t like it, not one bit.  She was fighting it.  “Looks like I got my wish after all…” he whispered has his lips hovered over hers. 

She looked at him and spit on him.  He fell back in surprise while she flipped them so that she was on him with her dagger right next to his neck, a fistful of hair and a knee on his chest. She was very angry but she couldn’t just kill him. She didn’t kill unless she couldn’t avoid it. Her dumb sanity and morals wouldn’t allow it. She sighed acting like she was getting up and then knocked him out with the handle of her dagger. She sprang off of him and away from his smell.  It was like a drug to her senses and she wanted to get away from it. She didn’t understand this. The concept of finding her other half had never crossed her mind. She was complete she didn’t need a ‘man’ to fight her battles. Never mind how warm his body had felt next to the cold night air, or his warm breath against her face, he was here so he was an enemy. She rubbed her temples and then sighed. She was going to have to take care of him till he was awake.

She wouldn't kill him without knowing wether he was the enemy. She just couldn't. She was not a murderer. She clenched ehr fists. How in moon's light was she going to stand being close to him? His smell was grating at  her nerves promising security and safety that she knew didn't exist. She shook her head in attempt to shake off the weakness of being dependent on someone other than herself. She was too far from the local village to make it before dawn and she didn't feel up to anyone's questions. That meant there was only one place she could take him. She had to take him to her liar. Pieces of her heart smiled at the idea while the rest growled and grimaced.