Friday.

P.O.V of Wally.

The last couple of hours of yesterday had been spent locking up Joker and trying to get Jason to stop smoking in the cave, the lack of smoke had been nice, why he suddenly had to change was beyond me. Maybe Dick and Jason were both more like themselves now, but why would Dick abandon his post? My brain was going to fry. I was the first person up and so decided that I was going to visit Dick, he was probably up by now. I knocked on the door and waited. No answer. I knocked slightly louder this time and was greeted by a shirtless Dick who looked like he had just gotten out of bed.
"What do you-" He stopped when he saw me, "Wally, come on in."
He stepped aside to let me pass and I entered, but some scars under his sling caught my eye.
"When did you get those?" I asked and he looked confusedly at me, "They look like you..." Did them to yourself.
"Oh, well those...they came from a fight against...against....Joker." And it was obvious he was lying.
"Dick, why?" I asked as he closed the door.
He sat on his bed and I sat down next to him, and he didn't lean away like he had been for the past couple of days.
"I stopped ages ago." He finally said, "Jay helped me with it recently though. You know, with the whole incident with you and Barbra."
"That doesn't matter right now." I assured him as I put an arm around him, "How long ago did it start?"
He looked like he was thinking it over for a second before replying, "Since I got you all killed in the simulation, but I stopped a year ago. I'm fine now."
"I'm not going to push, but could you answer one question for me." I said and he nodded, "Why did you kill those people?"
He was silent for a moment, then said, "Look, Jason promised me to keep this a secret but at the start of the week he switched our souls. But, when Aqualad came to us he forced Klarion to reverse the spell. We're fine now, but everything's a bit jumbled up here." He indicated his head, "So, that is why you saw me killing them. It was really Jason in my body."
"So, you're back to normal now?" I asked.
"I'm certain of it." He said, "Now, you go get your snack and head back to sleep. I'm going to clean up the mess from yesterday."
"Mess?" I asked.
He paled as he realized he said something he shouldn't have, "Well, funny story really. Klarion may or may not be dead because of Jason's conflicted feelings of who he is at the moment."
"He what?" I demanded.
"Look, you can't blame him." Dick defended, "He isn't completely sure who he is, his mood swings are crazy and he takes his confusion out by killing things. It just so happened that this time it was Klarion."
"I swear, I'm going to make him wish he never killed so much." I muttered as I left.
At least I know what had been happening the past couple of days, it made so much sense. At least things would be back to normal now.

P.O.V of Jason.

I had just climbed back into bed after killing off some crooks when there was a knock at the door. And so ensued a conversation I would rather not have, yet managed to still use to my advantage. As soon as I told Wally about the spell and how it had been reversed, the need to always be moving died down, which might mean Dick might not think he was me still. Then I brought up how Dick shot Klarion, and quickly thought up a lie that Wally brought. I put on a top and walked down to Klarion's cell. I opened the door and the stench of blood hit me but as I looked around I couldn't see Klarion. Just a hole that led to Joker's cell and a note. I picked it up and read it over Goodbye Bird-boys. Joker and the very much alive Klarion. I didn't bother spending time on thinking how he survived two bullets to the head; he was a master of chaos at the end of the day. I cleaned up the blood until it was light and Dick walked in.
"Hey Dick." He shook his head, "Jason, you're Jason."
"You feeling okay?" I asked, a smirk playing at my lips.
"No." He sat on the floor, "I'm just so confused Dick. I keep thinking I'm you for some reason. And then I think I'm me and it just goes back and forth. Is this happening to you at all?"
"Not yet." I replied, "But I may have told Wally a story I need you to go with."
"Alright." He said, "Spill."
"I told him Klarion switched us but that we were put back and now we're confused over who we are." I told him, "And when I did the urge to move felt less."
"Was this about two hours ago now?" He asked.
"Yeah, roughly I'd say."
"That explains why I'm confused again." He said, "Earlier I was fully convinced I was you. But it's odd. When I know I'm me, everything feels fine. But when I think I'm you I'm like, should I really shoot someone, should I really be killing?"
"Tell me now," I said, "Who are you?"
"What the fucking hell do you mean who am I? Do I not look like myself?" He said standing up, "So yesterday you were trying to rile me, today you're trying to rile me up. Get a life idiot." And he left.
He thought he was me. But that's easy to work with. I left the room and headed into the lounge where I flopped onto the sofa next to Wally.
"What did you do with the body?" He whispered.
"About that." I said then grabbed the rest of the teams attention, "Klarion and Joker have escaped overnight somehow. They left a note to kindly tell us this is the missing villains didn't give us enough of a clue already."
There was a crash from the kitchen, like china smashing and we turned around and were all about to investigate when Dick came stumbling out, his eyes wide.
"Who the bloody hell am I?" He said.
"If this is another of your stupid pranks you can try again tomorrow." Artemis said, still not over him giving her pink hair.
"Don't, please." He said coming over, "Just tell me."
"You're Jason." Wally replied, "You know, the evil serial killer."
"I'm Jason." He repeated, "You're certain?"
"What is this?" Aqualad asked.
I motioned for Dick to sit next to me and he did as he was told.
"Basically, at the start of the week their souls were swapped by Klarion, but he changed them back when you got him to speak to them. But it left them like this." Wally explained.
"You're certain I'm Jason?" Dick asked.
"Look, come with me." I said and we left after I told Wally to tell them as much as he could, "You are really Richard Grayson. As much as you can't believe that because, your body is standing right here, that is who you are. Klarion has switched us but we'll be back to normal at the end of the week."
"So I'm really Dick, and you're actually me, sorry Jason?" He asked.
"Yes." I replied, "I know it's confusing, but that's how it is. But we can't let them know anything is up as much as possible."
"It hurts Jay." He said, "There are two voices in my head. One is me, one is you and they just split me. I don't know which I am. I don't have a clue."
"Look, just go to your room and rest." I said, "No smoking, no drinking, and if you really want pig out on some sugar whilst you still can."
He nodded and walked off. I can't imagine what he was going through at the moment. For him both voices were as loud as the other, for me, I could only hear the promise of his voice.
"He's fine now." I said as I came back into the room, "He's sleeping it off."
"So it's like you have a split personality?" Artemis asked, "You could either be Dick or Jason at a moment's notice."
"He could. I know who I am." I replied, "And hopefully that won't change."
"Well, at least that's that problem sorted out." Megan said, "Now who's ready for a movie marathon?"
There was a chorus of agreement and Megan lined up several movies. Yay, a whole day with the team of idiots. Though if I was being truthful, they were starting to grow on me.

After a day with the team, Dick coming to join us halfway through back to acting like himself mostly we all headed off to bed. Today felt like it had been successful, and with only two days to go. I was starting to think we might actually make it through this and go back to who we really are.