1

John Everest wrote quickly with his feather that he used as a pen. Suddenly, a knocking was on the door to his room. He felt a shake of the boat he was on. "John! John! Open up!" A male voice repeated. John groaned and opened the door. His brother, Luke, had a big net with fish in it. Just looking at it made John feel like throwing up. He covered his mouth and nose with his hand. "Hello, Luke. It's a pleasure to see you." He lied. "Hello brother! You have some work to do. The captin' wants ypu to repair the deck fer' em' " The deck had a piece of wood  that fell to the seas. Anyone could easily fall through. They used thick wood. Thick enough for a human's weight. Of course, the would have to be skinny. "Fine." John walked and grabbed a hammer from the tool shed, some nails, and a piece of wood. He wasn't eager to work. More, disappointed. He was in the middle of writing to his love, Elizabeth Warrenton. She is trapped onto an island. She needed help but didn't want John to tell anyone else. She didn't want to be in the newspaper. John wanted to come and save her but, no. This tale didn't make sense. John started to repair the dock. Sadly but truely, the captin didn't care for the sailors or the worksmen.