Fortuna Major ( 6 )

Standing up from the chair, Rachel was greeted by a roar of applause. She looked over her left shoulder and smiled at Remus. His face was lit up as he watched proudly, nodding and applauding. She walked down the steps and to the Gryffindor table where her new family sat. She squished onto the bench between Hermione and a taller ginger lad; who was sat opposite Ron and Harry.

"Told you you'd make it here." Ron grinned at her from across the table.

"Happy to be here." Rachel laughed back.

"Rachel Lupin, eh?" Said the ginger lad next to her. Rachel glanced at him, when all of a sudden another face, exactly the same appeared.

"Welcome to Gryffindor." The other boy said. "I see you've met, dear Ronnie."

Ron groaned. "These are my brothers, Fred and George. They're a nuisance."

"Nice to meet you!" Rachel shook their hands warmly. "I didn't realise you had siblings in Gryffindor, Ron."

"Oh, all of us Weasley's have been in Gryffindor." Fred shrugged. "Call it a curse." Rachel looked at him, he looked back briefly and smirked. 

"Potter. Potter!" hissed somebody behind Ron and Harry. It was Draco. "Is it true you fainted?" He began to laugh, which caused a fellow Slytherin to dramatically pretend to faint. "I mean you actually fainted?"

"Shove off, Malfoy." Ron huffed pulling Harry so he faced my direction again.

"Ignore him, Harry." Rachel crossed her arms onto the table. "He really isn't worth it."

Harry barely nodded and turned his attention to the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, who gave a speech on various rules; such as Forbidden Forest being banned.  Dumbledore also warned the students on the dementors that would be seen around school from now on because of Sirius Black. With that, he waved his hand and the feast appeared in front of them.

Ron began to pile food on his plate. Hermione watched him in disgust as he stuffed food into his mouth.

"I can hardly eat." Hermione looked down at her plate. "I mean, dementors roaming the grounds... it's hardly safe. Look what happened on the train!"

"Does seem weird... I mean, why would Sirius Black come to Hogwarts anyway?" Ron spoke through mouthfuls of food.

Hermione pulled a face and swiftly ended the conversation. Rachel, herself, was adding food to her own plate when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She glanced around and saw a much older boy looking down at her with a pleasant smile.

"Can I sit here?" He asked, his Scottish accent strong. Rachel nodded and shuffled over so the boy could sit next to her. "I'm Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor Quidditch Keeper. You're Rebecca, right?"

"It's Rachel." She corrected him, a small smile on her face.

"Right, Rachel, sorry. Well, seeing as you're new here in Gryffindor," he started, "I need to know...do you play quidditch?"

"Mhmm!" Rachel hummed. "I'm a chaser. Usually. Though, I have played as a beater before."

"Great!" Oliver smiled. "Well would you like to try for the team? We have try-outs next week."

She nodded her head excitedly. It had been a while since she had played quidditch. There was such an excitement about being able to feel the wind in your hair and watch the ground disappear beneath you until it made your head swim. Oliver shot her a wink and stood up, he waved a goodbye and headed back to his mates.

The feast continued on throughout the evening, and slowly students began to migrate through the large corridors of the castle towards their common rooms. Rachel left with her fellow Gryffindors and began the walk to Gryffindor tower. She was greeted by different paintings from throughout history, many friendly, many speaking gibberish.