Chapter 1-The Day I met "The" boy

Copyright© SN

All Rights Resevered. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or in any means- by electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise- without prior written permission.

Chapter 1

A simple girl from India, well that’s not me.

Simple is nowhere close to my personality or to my life.

Let me tell you my story

 I graduated in the month of June and couldn’t wait to get a job so I could be financially free. When I graduated I thought it would be easy to find a job, but little did I know about BPO- Business process outsourcing. It’s not something bad, it’s awesome because it provided jobs to most of the Indians but the downside of the BPO is most of the jobs outsourced to India was night shift because we had to serve US,UK or Australian customers or companies. Which obviously means our time zone did not match.

After two months of arguing with myself about the pros and cons of working night shift, I thought I’ll give it a try. I got a job in a financial company in September and was more than happy to be financially free.

It was my third month in the company and I had a pretty tough day. The company provided a pickup and drop facility to all their employees since we worked night shift.

It was 3am in the morning and I was sitting in my cab and looking outside the window. It was a long day or should I say long night at work. There was a boy sitting next to me, I didn’t observe him much because I was just waiting to get home soon.

“Are you a fresher.” the boy asked.

I turned to look at the boy, he was dusky, wearing an orange colour pullover, had messy hair and was wearing a big smile. He had perfect teeth. He was not someone whom I would call handsome but there was something about him. I recognized him immediately; I had seen him around with his friends many times. He looked like the arrogant types. But this was the first time he took the cab I was in; I had never seen him take this cab in the last three months.

“Yes” I said.

“I am Dhruv, you are Sarika right?” He asked.

“How did you know” I asked surprised.

He held up the transportation board where the employees had to sign, which showed our name and address. It was for the safety of the employees, we had to sign them if we took cab to reach home.

 “Oh, yes I am Sarika” I blushed, thank god I’m brown, my cheeks never turn pink.

“So which team do you work for?” he asked causally.

“I work for Health and Welfare team, which team do you work for?” I asked getting bored with the conversation.

He said something, which I didn’t hear. I was so restless to get home.

Someone else in the cab started a conversation with Dhruv and I started to look outside the window feeling relieved. I hated small talks.

I reached home in few minute, said bye to my cab mates.

My house had a huge gate, more like a prison gate and I lived on the first floor because we had given the ground floor for rent.

I entered my house, looked around in the kitchen to eat something. Unfortunately couldn’t find anything other than cookies, I ate them and went to my room and fell asleep fully clothed.

I woke up around 3pm, I was feeling so sleepy but my cab was scheduled to pick me up at 4:30pm even though my work started at 5:30pm. I was just 15min away from the company I worked for, so every time I reached my office 40 to 30min early.

I got off the bed and took a shower. I am very particular in dressing up, everything needs to be perfect, and I love fashion, shopping, dressing up, all the girly stuff.

I took out a pretty outfit for the day and started working on my hair. My hair was a bit wavy and curly so I straightened it every day (which is very unhealthy). I had short hair, falling just above my shoulder. I never really loved the way I looked; I thought I was lower than average looking.

My skin colour is dark brown; pretty black eyes, sharp nose and small lips. I am a very slim person, which I liked because I had a nice figure and flat tummy. I always wished I was little taller, I am 5.1’. Bottom line- I didn’t think I was good looking.

I was looking at myself in the mirror and my cab called.

Damn! I was going to be late.

I got dressed fast and answered the call, cab driver asked for my address irritated because I missed the first 2 times he called. Which was odd considering the same cab was allotted to me from the day I started working.

I told him the direction to the pickup point (usually where the cab picks me up) and he told me he’ll be near the pickup point in 2min.

I ran to the place where my cab picks me up and my cab was already waiting.

And to my surprise Dhruv was sitting in the front seat staring at me. I wondered why my cab was changed without any notice. I didn’t know anyone in this cab other than Dhruv, the cab so full that I had to take the back seat with three other people who were all squeezed in. It was a big cab but still I was happy to get out when we reached our company.

I started walking towards the entrance; Dhruv was walking in front of me talking to his friend. It looked like he was ignoring me.

I still kept wondering why my cab changed all of the sudden, did Dhruv have anything to do about this. He did know the transport team better than me and he did know the company better than me.

But why would he want me in his cab, did he like me.

“Hi Sarika” said Navya jerking me out of my stupid thoughts.

“Hey babe what sup” I said, happy to see her.

We went to have coffee in our break out area, which was like a coffee shop for the employees to relax.

I had made some awesome friends in this company, Navya was my bestie.

We sat down with coffee and I told her about my cab change and she convinced me it must be a coincidence. We waited for our friend Smitha, she always arrived late because she stayed really far away and her cab always came late.

We were all in the same team; it was so much fun to work with your friends.

I saw Dhruv and his friends come to breakout area, he had a group of 6 to 7 guy friends.

Navya liked Dhruv’s friend called Roy. He was fair, tall and again arrogant type of boy but good looking. I really didn’t understand why Navya liked him, I thought that whole group of boys were annoying.

By then Smitha came and joined us. We chatted for awhile before realizing it was 5:45.

We rushed off to start working.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Author note:

Hey Guys I could not wait to update.

Please vote and comment.

Thanks so much

Love you guys