Moving Too Fast?

He knew that he had Cassidy exactly where he wanted her—back in his waiting arms. This past week had probably stirred up all sorts of old emotions for her—good and bad. And now, here they were—sitting side by side again, talking about the past. He knew that she was feeling vulnerable and emotional right now, and that he probably shouldn't try to move in on her right now, but who knew when he would have another chance. "Honey…..did you ever get over me? Has there been anyone else?" he asked softly as he brushed a lock of loose hair out of her face. The tears that started to brim in her eyes told him that there hadn't ever been anyone else but him. Fighting back a smug smile, he slowly put his arm around her slim shoulders and pulled her closer to him, letting her rest her head on his broad chest. "I'm here now, honeybee…." Her body started to shake with sobs. "And I'm not going anywhere…." he continued to whisper as he placed a gentle kiss on top of her head. "I promise, honey, me and you. Nothing and no one is going to tear us apart again…."

He held her for a few minutes before his big hands started to wander up and down her back, pulling her closer to him. Lifting her chin up, he made her look at him. "You're still so beautiful," he murmured softly before he bent down and kissed her sweet mouth. "You have no idea how much I've missed you, honey…." he continued to whisper in her ear after he broke the kiss. "Have you missed me?" She nodded. Taking a bold risk he leaned down and whispered in her ear again. "Still love me?" A few seconds of silence passed before she whispered, "I never stopped," and leaned up to kiss him. He had exactly where he wanted her; and this time, he wasn't going to let her get away.

.

.

Three Months Later…..

Cassidy was pacing the floor of her now empty living room. She was waiting for Ted to call to let her know that he was downstairs waiting for her. Things were moving fast for Cassidy and Ted. After the first time he came to Minnesota to take her out on a date, they had been practically inseparable. She had finally admitted that she had missed him since they had been torn apart and that there had been no other man since him. Not that she didn't have any prospects or offers during college, but in her heart, no one was going to be able to even come close to her summer love.

She wandered over to the living room window to see if Ted had pulled up yet; she let out a small sigh of disappointment when she didn't see him. She took her phone out of her purse and was getting ready to call him to see if he had gotten stuck in traffic, when it started ringing. "Not now," she muttered to herself as she looked at who was calling. She knew that if she didn't answer it now, she would just keep calling back until she got a hold of her.

"Hello," Cassidy said softly as she went back over to the window and willed Ted to magically appear so she could end this phone call now.

"Cassidy? Have you left yet?" Cassidy sighed; it was her mother again, trying to convince her to not do this. Ever since Lilly had let the cat out of the bag, her mother, her father, and her sisters have been trying to talk her out of this. Didn't they see that they were wrong? Couldn't they see that she belonged with Ted and nothing that they could say was going to talk her out of it? She had made up her mind-she had made her mind up to be happy. And Ted was the only one that made her happy.

"No, mom, I haven't. I'm still waiting for him to pick me up…."

"I really wish you would reconsider, Cassidy. There's just something about this that I don't like—"

"It doesn't matter if you don't like him, I love him...Mom, I know what I'm doing. I love him and he loves me; and if everyone had just let us be together six years ago, we would have probably already have done this," she said, raising her voice slightly.