Manic / Dance Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Vivi - June

            "I'm looking for an idiot who likes to ride a bike, where’s the idiot?" 

            I lost count how many guns were pulled on me as I sat at the bar; facing the bartender who was backing away. 

            Keep your head straight, this can get messy. 

            "What are you, a cop," one of the leather wearers stated as the country music finally ended and the jukebox started to play some random rock song. A quick glance in the mirror told me that the men, and at least three women, that had guns pointed at me were just hoping to hit me; no aim at all. 

            "You could call me that," I stated as I looked at the bartender. "Hey, can you get me a coke, my throat is a little parched." The bartender looked at me and then the leather wearers around me. 

            "Look, I think if you apologize, they will put their guns down," the bartender told me as I noticed a small handgun on a shelf near him. 

            "Well, normally, I wouldn't apologize." I cracked a smile as my slightly high toned voice cracked a bit. "However, I can tell that if I apologize, these meatheads will still kick me into Hell for just wasting their time. Am I right?" I looked over at the people with the guns and heard general discussing. 

            How many of them would actually do it? 

            I looked back at the bartender. "Look, get me that drink or else I will tell my cop friends to come in here and bust all of you for aggravated assault on a minor." I saw a few people step back and lower their guns. I preached to the crowd, "Yes, I am a child. Now, I know you guys may not like the law, but something you don't like more is people that hurt children. Can you guys really be what you don't like the most?" I turned my body around to face the crowd, my arms crossed and a small smile on my face. I eyed any one I could and saw that they were backing up. 

            Then, I heard a solid click and something cold and hard pressed to the back of my head. The crowd waved their guns at the one responsible for pressing the cold object against my head. "Like this cop is a child," the bartender's voice broke out. 

            "They are hiring right out of birth now," I uncrossed my arms and shrugged my shoulders. "Their numbers are low and they need the help." 

            "So, this was your plan, huh," the bartender's voice crackled. "They bring a kid in here to get me out because they think no one will shoot a kid. Well, I will shoot you." 

            "I don't think so," I stated as I reached underneath my jacket. I heard a second click and then, hell broke loose. 

            The windows came crashing inwards, tear gas was thrown in and almost everyone started choking on it. Gunfire broke through several times, and something squeaked. 

            The cops came in with paramilitary precision and started to place zip ties around the wrists of everyone on the ground. When the smoke started to clear, the bartender with the gun looked up and saw what he could never imagine. I stood over him, a paper mask held in place with one of my hands and three black circles in the middle of the mask. All around the mask was small bits of metal that was stopped in place. 

            With the mask still on, I walked over to the man. I crouched down next to him and with my free hand took the gun away from him. 

            "What the hell are you," he asked as I smiled under the mask. I removed the mask from my face, showing the smile, and no harm done. 

            "I am the thing you could never see coming. Enjoy prison." I was still smiling through all of this. 

            When the raid was over and people were hauled off, I found a female officer sitting next to me, holding two drinks that were sweating. 

            "Nice move, Vivi," the woman stated as she handed me one of the drinks. I took it, popped it open, and finished it right off. 

            When the can left my lips, I stated, "Next time you have a big case like this, don't send me in." 

            The woman, with eyes a shade of dark blue that were sharp but glazed over, and hair dark red and styled in form that reminded me of an open flame, chuckled at what I said. "Last I checked, you volunteered for the job." 

            "Because Ronald had a bet with me," I told Alex, the police woman, as I pointed at Ronald coming back with his head held low. 

            "What did you two bet on," Alex asked as Ronald fished his wallet out and started to look into it. 

            "I bet him a meal at Red Lobster that he would get shot," the man replied as he sighed for a moment. "Dang it. And I worked hard for that money." 

            "Shots were fired, twelve rounds from a handgun," Alex added as she looked at me with the glaze obviously missing for the time being. I just smiled and showed the mask. 

            "Here's the twelve shots and not a single one touched my skin," I stated before I realized the small trickle of blood rolling down the left side of my cheek.