A Leap Toward Love

Once harry had handed me my iPod, he was off to his room. I was just sitting very awkwardly behind my couch. it wasn't like was starstruck or anything but I mean how many times does it happen that your crush hands you something while you are hiding behind the couch. After a while of being lost in my thoughts, and occasionally pinching my self, I got up.

"Its about time that you got up. I was starting to wonder if you were dead. Did you know those guys or something? You act like they were killers."

"Yeah, something like that." I mumbled, still somewhat overwhelmed.

"Wait. They're killers?!"

"No, Magenta. I was saying yes to the fact that I know them." I rolled my eyes, and tossed the apron into the cart, and pushed it into the storage room.

Now that I think of it, that was really a dumb thing for me to do. Like, who leaps behind a couch! i made my self look like a total dweeb. My mental scolding was interrupted by the phone ringing. 

"Ameristars' front desk. My name is Magenta, how can I help you?"  Magenta answered the phone, and I got ready to head up to our room. I was tired, overwhelmed, and this was something way above my pay grade.

"Yes, sir. Towels, soap, and water. Anything else?" She paused, "Okay, R21-13? I'll send someone up right away… No problem… You too. Bye."

"Who was that, Maggie?"

"Guest in R2113, can you take them up some water, extra towels, and soap? Then, you can have the night off."

"Yeah, no problem. I was heading to our floor anyway. We're R1912, right?" She nodded, went to the supply closet behind her, and handed me a stack of neatly folded towels, 6 water bottles, and some soap. "See ya later."

I went over to the elevator which seemed to look more gold tonight than ever. I patiently waited as the elevator, I called came. Stepping in, I pressed the circular button that had the number 21 engraved into it. Little did I know, that elevator and a pinch of fate, would deliver me to my destiny. I stepped off the elevator, and I passed an older gentlemen dressed in a suit. He was smoking a cigarette, and I unintentionally coughed.

"Are you finding everything alright tonight, sir?"

"Yes. Thank you." I nodded and continued down the halls. For some faint reason, his manilla colored handkerchief that was tucked down in this breast pocket, lingered in my mind. The letters R.P. embroidered onto it stood out in faint familiarity. I shook it off, I was thinking too much. I had already had a headache, and I was feeling lightheaded; I assume it was from me only eating a smores pop-tart, and pack of ramen noodles today.

As I passed each room, I made it my business to touch the Victorian wallpaper with my free hand.  R2109… R2110…R2111…R2112… I stopped short in front of R2113. The people in that room were loud. There was loud music, and screaming. You could hear people jumping on the beds. I knocked on the door, harder than my intent. Yet, all the noise seemed to cease. Animals, I thought to my self.

I softly knocked again, and I heard someone walk close to the door. 

"Its the girl who was hiding behind the couch?" I could tell the guy had an english accent. I love guys with accents. Wait, he labeled me as ''the girl hiding behind the couch''. Offensive, but true.

"Open the door, Liam!" The guy unlocked the door, and I was pretty much bombarded by 5 guys. I stepped back, but much to my disregard I toppled over, and the towels, water, and soap went flying.

"Oh shit, let me help you." A guy with a thick irish accent offered.

I grew more irritated as my headache worsened. "You know, maybe if you guys weren't so loud this wouldn't have happened. I was waiting forever! I mean, I have a master key I should have just barged in! Oh, and you do realize there are other people who are reuse ding in this hotel--OLDER PEOPLE. You cant run around, and jump on beds here. Obviousl--" I picked up the last of the water bottles and looked up at the people who were standing above me in the doorway.  Niall Horan was squatting in front of me, making it obvious it was he who offered to help. From left to right, there was Louis, who looked at me like I was some kind of spectacle; Liam, who looked rather uninterested; Zayn who also looked uninterested; and then there he was. Harry had a very intense gaze, and it was directed toward me.