Sunset Balloons

The brisk of dawn shines elegantly through my room's window, its like it was staring at me while smiling, saying "Don't give up." its warm fuzzy heat embraces me, all I can do is wake up early to view its morning call and foot steps came knocking through my door.

"Hello Kate, how are you feeling?" a voice came through space of the opening door, a voice that I really love since I was a baby.

"Good morning Mother." I replied with my soft and fragile voice.

Mother puts down her basket of fruits near my bed of sadness, yes, I can't seem to find happiness in this bed, a cord pulling me down as if its telling me that I can't live without it, a comfy bed that have been used by the past, a past where beating of a heart can't seem to reach the living.

"How is your morning, dear?" Mom said while peeling a beautiful apple.

"That apple, I like how reddish it is."

"Hmm? What about it?"

"I like it, its like it has accomplished all its dreams, sprouting through its mother's branch, arriving to all different places and having its final place here in my room." I said as I sigh looking through my window.

"Final place huh..." She replied with a sad face after peeling the apple.

"Did James visited you again?" She warmly grins.

"Yeah, he did."

"You're not happy about it?" Mom asking curiously.

"I don't like it, I already said we should break up many times when I started living here in this sad room."

A dull colored room, the curtain is gray, the chair is black, the shelf is gray and all is black, staying here causes unhappiness to every smile I wanted to make, devoid of light and no life yet James still holds on, showing that I can overcome this unbearable hurdle.

"Hmm... your relationship with him is going to be five years starting tomorrow right?"

"I don't care about that."

"Are you sure about that? Well--" She was about to tell me something but then a soft knock came through the front steps of my door.

"Good morning Kate, Good Morning Mrs. Clarity." Cloaked in a pure white uniform, my doctor greeted us calmly entering the room.

"Its time for your check up." He smiled as if this was nothing, yeah I'm just a nothing that can be thrown away when I'm not needed.

"I'll be going then Kate, I can't be late any longer" Mom kissed me, wishing this is not her last farewell to me, and then the check up is done, and the usual boring day starts again, even the shows on the television is all uninteresting, I just want the day end , I can't wait for the dawn's embrace again, the sun seems also living its life, showering all of the living its passionate hug of heat but how about those who under the soil, no soul, no smile and no color? Sooner or later, will I become one of them?

As I stare through the window, the door opens again, I don't know why but its like its dawn already, shines elegantly again but directly through me

"Hello baby ♥" The guy who keeps holding on to my life came in, smiling at me as if he is the warm fuzzy feeling embracing me again behind him is something I like, not its not a white horse, not its a bouquet, its just a simple balloon.