Child's Play

Prologue

The pitter patter of toddler’s feet, run across the polished wooden floors. They pass walls which had been freshly painted, with a light grey. Dark tinted windows have light shadowing on to the dark floors beneath the feet of the passing children.

A small tuff of brown hair is seen on a small chubby boy, running on his little legs. His dark blue eyes have excitement written through them. He gave a devilish smile is clearly seen on his slightly tanned face. The small boy was only sporting his nappy, as he had previously taken off his attire.

Following behind the boy is a girl, minutes younger than the boy. Her light brown curls bounce around her face. Her bright blue eyes catch the sunlight, as she passes by the windows. She was letting out giggles from her small smile on her pale face. She sported a light yellow one-piece sleeveless suit, which is generally worn underneath clothing.

These youngsters were running away, from yet another nanny which their father had hired. They were only two years of age and they have managed to go through ten nannies because of their behavior. This nanny was firm about everything, expect change a nappy.

“Brittany! Michael!” The nanny calls from the changing room. The twins had managed to escape her gasp as she was undressing the boy.

The twins had other ideas. The boy had run into the kitchen, with his sister tagging close behind him. The boy smirks before opening the cupboard to see an open jar of chocolate sauce. He picks it up before it falls on top of him, making it splatter everywhere.

“Mick made a messy.” The girl holds her hands behind her back and gives her best pout.

The nanny comes running into the kitchen to see Michael on the floor eating the chunks of chocolate sauce which had fallen on his lap. She didn’t notice the jar behind the boy.

Instead she lets out a piercing scream, which gives Brittany the fright of her life. She joins in the screaming fit, but much louder than the middle aged woman. She had thought Michael had eaten his own poop.

“I’m calling your organizer!” The nanny yells before retreating to the living room to find the phone.

A young woman, by the same Suzan arrives at the modern manor. She takes a look at the house because she was going to tend to another nanny. She exits the taxi and picks her brief case off the freshly mown grass.

Suzan walks up to the front door and makes a small knock. She sighs in relief when the door is opened to the hired nanny. The nanny was holding Brittany, who was sucking her thumb.

Suzan takes one step into the house to see little mess. “Here is the child.” The nanny passes Brittany over to Suzan. Suzan is unsure on what to do with the toddler, but keeps her in her arms. She had no experience with young children. She was only meant to be their parents’ organizer.

“Where is Michael?” Suzan asks concerned for the boy.

The nanny quickly rushes to the kitchen to lift the boy. She keeps him an arm’s length away from contact of her body. “And here is the boy. He had an accident. You will hear from my lawyers in the coming weeks. Good day.” The nanny places the boy on the floor next to Suzan before rushing out of the house entirely.

Suzan looks down at the boy to see he had chocolate stains all over his little body. “Mick made a messy.” Brittany repeats her earlier statement. Suzan lets out a small laugh.

“Well he sure did.” Suzan places Brittany on to the floor next to her brother. Michael crawls closer to his sister to try and pull her close to him. The girl lets out a whine before crawling away a few feet. “Let’s give you a bath.”

Suzan lifts Michael up into her arms, not afraid to let a small chocolate stain ruin her business attire. “Bath time!” The boy yells with excitement.

Brittany crawls over towards the door and uses the edge of the door frame to get up on to her little legs. She grabs the edge of the door before looking outside to see the nanny getting in a taxi. “Bye, bye nanny!”

The small girl gives the nanny a small wave before shutting the door behind her.