Chapter 1: A New Beginning

This is my first story! Yay! So please bear with me for certain errors! If you guys liked this please vote! Any ideas? Corrections? Tell me your thoughts and comment below! Thanks! SO here it goes...

“I killed my own father.” 

That was all I could think of sitting beside my father’s corpse while holding the Swiss knife I used to protect myself. It was out of self defense, I thought trying to hide the guilt. What kind of child would kill their own father? The ones that raised them and took care of them? I never even knew I had it in me, at some point there was this part of me saying " He's not your father anymore " but no one could blame me, I was just another sixteen-year-old girl, I had no choice.

These thoughts flooded my mind as I stared down in deep thought. I knew deep inside that this man lying in a pool of his own blood was once a man who referred me as his angel.

Everything changed when I opened that door, the same door that creaked every night when my father would check up on me. I regretted that, I wish I could’ve just left it alone.

The thought never came to my mind that this would be the last day I would see my father ever again. He was always the one who knew how to get out of a tough situation, but this monstrosity somehow caught him off guard. I remember vividly how his face had turned so strange and pale. He walked toward me with clumsy, lifeless feet. This thing that tried to kill me could not have been my dad. Not this monster.

It all started five hours ago before the outbreak. . . or should I say, it all ended . . .

 It was Tuesday morning and I was running a little late, I rushed to get my things prepared for school. I never got late; I was always an early riser. I laughed when I remembered I stayed up all night watching CNN. They said something about detecting mysterious movements inside an abandoned building down the city. The reporter seemed a bit off reporting about the incident, I felt a bit suspicious about the way she talked, in the end they said it was a false alarm, I regretted watching that cause’ it took hours of my sleep.

I felt the heat of the sun shining down on my tanned shoulders, I brushed my golden brown hair and tied it into a bun. Then I realized something unusual, our house seemed a bit awfully quiet today, usually on mornings like these my father would turn the radio up on a Stevie Wonder song in full basting volume. I shrugged it off and thought maybe he was out for a jog. My father was always the energetic one, even for the age of fifty-eight he still manages to work out and jog.

I hurried up and got my things, as I made it outside my room I heard a sudden thud; I stopped walking and tried to confirm what I heard. Thud! It was coming from my father’s room! I slowly walked towards door and peeked below. The first thing I saw was feet, it was my father’s, but it was different from the last time I saw his feet. Noticing his nails were a purple blue, I felt anxious.

He was walking towards the door while constantly banging his head. I could say my dad was acting silly today. My father was always a serious person, not some crazy-loonatic-banging-his- head-on-the-door; I smirked. I got up and the moment I turned the knob, the hair on the back of my neck stood. It was locked, and at that point I knew something was wrong, very wrong.

_____________________________________________________________________________